FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues with Intensity Pro HDMI HD Capture under Windows 7

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blaine von Roeder
Issues with Intensity Pro HDMI HD Capture under Windows 7
on Nov 12, 2009 at 7:25:58 am

Hey there,
I'm posting this in the hopes of gettings ome help from other Intensity Pro users. I recently picked up the card to do some capture for some video game machinima and livestreaming I've been toying with, and I've been unable to get 720p streaming working in any real way.

Specifics:
Source is an Xbox 360 stream at 720p(I'd assume at 60 or 59.94) via HDMI directly into the card.
Programs used include VHMultiCam, Adobe Flash Live Media Encoder, Telestreaming Wirecast, VirtualDub, and Media Express v1.

I'm able to get a downsampled(720p->16:9 Letterbox) to load into all of the above with no real issues, but when I turn off downsampling I'm unable to get the Video Format in the device properties to "stick". When I speak of Device Properties I mean the window that you can pop up as part of Capture Filter, Video Settings, etc... Has a Blackmagic logo on it and a few drop down menus. The Video Format dropdown seems to have a mind of its own and while I can change the selection from NTSC to HD720 or something along those lines, the setting doesn't persist and doesn't apply. If I hit 'OK' and go back in, it'll be back on NTSC. For the record this issue has been present in all the driver versions I've tried.. 3.1.2, 3.3.2, and 3.4. (Side note: 3.4 seems to have broken downsampling as well, so I've got to do a revert to get any use of the card)

This does not happen in VirtualDub, but in every other listed product it does not apply. My friend, using virtually the same setup(Intensity Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate, different CPU/GPU but that's irrelevant I suspect) has the same issue. Until he switches over to the breakout cables and uses a component input.

To make a long post short, are there any known workarounds for this issue? Does anyone have any experience with this problem, and is it a known bug in the BMD drivers? I'm going to snag a set of component cables tomorrow to try and confirm, but I figured I'd put out a few feelers tonight.

Return to posts index

Blaine von Roeder
Re: Issues with Intensity Pro HDMI HD Capture under Windows 7
on Nov 15, 2009 at 3:52:07 am

Anyone? :\

Return to posts index

Rob Tisdell
Re: Issues with Intensity Pro HDMI HD Capture under Windows 7
on Dec 31, 2009 at 4:38:07 pm

UPDATE:

I have had some problems with the card too.... I called their support line and they (BlackMagic) know about the problems and are trying to get the problems worked out. The issue is with the drivers. I was told to revert to the 3.4 drivers and run 1080i instead of 1080p. I have not done it yet but plan on getting to it today. Best of luck!

Rtdrumz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]