FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multibridge Pro 2 - Boot error

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Joos
Multibridge Pro 2 - Boot error
on Nov 11, 2009 at 11:17:31 am

Hello ! Please help me !!!

My MacPro won't boot up after updating the Multibridge Firmware.
After using the Multibridge via USB (Converter-Modus), the Driver wants to install a new Firmware for use via the PCIe-Card. After Restart the Mac does not boot up. No Startchime, no Mouse or Keyboard responding and no Display response. Nothing !

I use the Blackmagic Driver 7.3.2. I have tested also all Drivers till 7.2.1. Always the same problem. Only a Force-Shutdown and disconnecting the Multibridge, brings me back to normal Boot-Up.

Any Ideas !?!?!?!?

Return to posts index

Ray Chung
Re: Multibridge Pro 2 - Boot error
on Nov 11, 2009 at 8:28:33 pm

Do you have the right speed setting for the multibridge connector's PCIe slot....i.e., at least 4x?

Return to posts index

Sebastian Joos
on Nov 12, 2009 at 11:31:32 am

Yes ! Already checked.
Also unplugged the PCIe-Card in/out. Still negativ.
I called the support today:
Now i make a test with 6.x Drivers otherwise the Multibridge goes back. I think its an hardware error.

Return to posts index

Ray Chung
on Nov 13, 2009 at 11:51:45 pm

Did you keep the USB cable plugged in?

Return to posts index

Sebastian Joos
on Nov 14, 2009 at 12:00:10 am

Yes! I shut down the Computer, unplugged the USB cable. After starting the Mac a window pops up and told me to update the Firmware. After Updating i must restart the Computer and Boom ! No response as described.

Return to posts index

Ray Chung
on Nov 14, 2009 at 5:19:46 pm

I mean did you leave the USB plugged in? You need to leave it plugged in even when you're using it with PCI-E.

Return to posts index

Sebastian Joos
on Nov 14, 2009 at 10:41:22 pm

Okay, this is new for me. I will test this although i was told to unplug the USB-Cable when i use the Multibridge via PCIe.

Return to posts index

Ray Chung
on Nov 14, 2009 at 11:23:34 pm

Page 6 of the Multibridge for Mac manual:

Installation for Capture and Playback
Connecting to your Mac

1. Shutdown and remove the power plug from the back of your Mac. This is a safety precaution
before opening your computer. Ensure that you are statically discharged by using a static strap.

2. Remove the side cover of your Mac to gain access to the PCI Express slots.

3. Remove your Multibridge PCI Express card from the protective static bag making sure you don’t
touch the gold connectors on the base of the card. Although there are no electronics on this
card, these precautions should be taken when handling any PCI Express card.

4. It is best to use the top slot, slot 4, with a Mac Pro but any slot can be used on a Power Mac G5.
Unscrew the captive screws in the PCI bracket and remove the bracket. Remove the port access
cover from the slot in which you plan to install the card.

5. Insert your Multibridge PCI Express card and ensure that it clicks firmly into place.

6. Secure the card with a screw or the PCI bracket and replace the side cover of your Mac.

7. Connect the PCI Express cable to the PCI Express card at the rear of the Mac and connect the
other end of the cable to the PCI Express connector on your Multibridge. Please make sure you
connect the cable to the PCI Express connectors, and not the Mac display connectors!

8. Connect USB 2.0 cable from host computer to Multibridge.

9. Power up Multibridge first, then reconnect the computer power and start up.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Nov 15, 2009 at 8:36:31 am

Hi.

For some time ago i had something similar.

It ended when my power supply for the multibridge got changed.
I do not say it is the same problem but it seems similar.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Sebastian Joos
on Nov 15, 2009 at 12:31:30 pm

Hey,
today i followed the manual instructions above posted by Ray Chung. But still the same problem. The Mac won't boot up.
I don't have a new power supply here or something similiar. So i will sent the Multibridge back to my reseller.
Thanks for the help !!!

Return to posts index

Ray Chung
on Nov 18, 2009 at 8:33:13 pm

Yeah, sounds like it could be the power supply (as in inside the Multibridge enclosure). Sorry to hear about it, but yeah, you'll probably need to send it back now. Were you able to get any customer support via phone?

Does the little white light on the left side of the front panel come on when you turn on your computer?

Return to posts index

Sebastian Joos
on Nov 19, 2009 at 10:33:41 am

Yes, the little light on the left side was on. Sometimes it was out or goes flickering.
And yes, i called the German Blackmagic Support. But they could not tell me any new ideas, so i sent on monday the Multibridge back to my reseller and hope they can repair it.

But what i still could not understand why the USB (Convertermodus) works fine and the PCIe-Connection (Playback-Modus) not ?

Return to posts index

Ray Chung
on Nov 19, 2009 at 11:43:17 pm

If you were getting flickering, it sounds like there's just something wrong with your unit. As far as I can tell, the unit should just turn on with a constant white pilot light, or not be on when not in use. They should just send you a replacement unit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]