FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP and Premiere on Same System - No Presets in Premiere?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Corbett
FCP and Premiere on Same System - No Presets in Premiere?
on Nov 10, 2009 at 10:53:58 am

Just commissioning a new Mac pro that has Final Cut and CS4 on it. The card is a Decklink HD Extreme, FCP works okay with the drivers but no Blackmagic presets show up in Premiere. Do I have to manually copy the drivers to PPro somehow?

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Corbett
Powerhouse Productions
http://www.php.com.au

Return to posts index

Aristides Tiropolis
Re: FCP and Premiere on Same System - No Presets in Premiere?
on Nov 10, 2009 at 1:37:33 pm

[Peter Corbett] "Do I have to manually copy the drivers to PPro somehow?"

No you don't. For some inexplicable reason, Blackmagic chose not support CS4 on the Mac but only on Windows.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Nov 10, 2009 at 7:51:48 pm

Hey there,

The reason is actually not inexplicable at all. There is a very clear reason. When CS4 launched there was (as I am sure that most of you are aware) there was no hardware support until after the launch.

When the hardware vendor support was added we worked hard for several months (with Adobe) to make the new interface work correctly. The media core part of the Adobe suite was choking our boards.

To put a point on it, the Windows side wasn't even fully optimized and had problems on some systems. Because of this, and the time we spent working on getting the PC version working right (our then only editor on the PC), we didn't have enough time to get the Mac version running properly. Now, after many more months the issues were corrected (with Adobe and BMD working very closely) in 4.2.

So in a sense the 4.2 update has allowed us to get the plugin interface in a good enough position to start working on the Mac version. I would expect to see one in the near future (read, a month or so).

Short answer, we didn't drop it for no reason, and we are in a position to work on the Mac version now.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Peter Corbett
on Nov 10, 2009 at 8:38:26 pm

Gawd. I didn't realise that when I crossgraded my Win/CS4 to Mac/CS4.

Thanks for the heads up Joshua. I guess I'll just plow on with Final Cut for now.

Peter

Peter Corbett
Powerhouse Productions

Return to posts index

Aristides Tiropolis
on Nov 11, 2009 at 7:30:03 am

Thanks for making the effort to at least explain the technical reasons in not making BM functional on CS4.

I think you should have this sort of explanation on your website in the support library as well as in the product page in maybe another form, It could be in the vain of: "CS4 support for Mac platform is coming..." or something of that sort.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

Carey Dissmore
on Feb 24, 2010 at 12:12:58 am

Long time an FCP/Multibridge Pro user, I've just taken on a Premiere Pro project for 'finishing' and I'm shocked, I mean really shocked that I can't get my Multibridge Pro to display this project on my grading monitors.

I guess I always just assumed the support was there. Above we see Joshua stating, on Nov 10, about a month to go. I just installed the latest Multibridge drivers (7.5.2) and I have no support. It's been 3.5 months since he last said that.

What is the status? This is suddenly a critical need for me.

All the best,
Carey

Return to posts index

Peter Corbett
on Feb 24, 2010 at 12:54:43 am

I had to quickly replace the HD Extreme with a Kona LHe when we commissioned our Mac. But I must say, I haven't had much suceess with the AJA CS4 plugin either. I think the problems goes back to Adobe, as I find output not near as solid as with the AJA and FCP7.

Peter Corbett
Powerhouse Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]