FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro and WME

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Brame
Intensity Pro and WME
on Oct 26, 2009 at 8:08:19 pm

I need to stream from my Intensity Pro card with Windows Media encoder 9, but I can't seem to get WME to be able to display a picture. All I can get in the Input screen is 'Not Supported'. I have tried the trial version of Wirecast, and it works. It seems that some here have the combination working. Any pointers or secret recipes?

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions
VODSouth

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: Intensity Pro and WME
on Oct 28, 2009 at 2:42:52 pm

I guess no one is successfully using an Intensity Pro card with WME. Strange that the Blackmagic documentation boasts "Improved compatibility is also included for Windows Media Encoder", but a call to BlackMagic support showed that they don't really 'support' such a combination at all, and couldn't offer any information or direction to get the two to work together.

Guess it's back to my old Osprey...

Steve Brame
VODSouth

Return to posts index

Jose Feghali
on Dec 1, 2009 at 4:36:10 pm

Steve,

Having a similar problem - MB Eclipse with WME. However, the video *does* work with our setup. I cannot get audio in through the Eclipse's audio inputs to work with WME - but it does work if I input the audio with a M-Audio Transit (!!) - which unfortunately does not have 64 bit drivers for Windows XP x64... Trying other sound input cards.

We are inputing video through SDI (SD). I don't think WME9 can "handle" HD input in realtime. Did you find another solution that could?

Considering the amount of audio inputs in the Eclipse, I would have thought compatibility would have been a major design priority. However, my talk to tech support appeared to show that BM is interested only in getting the audio to work with the major video editing programs. They don't even appear to support different audio sampling rates other than 48KHz, from what I can tell...

Cheers,

José Feghali
Artist-in-Residence
Coordinator of Internet Technologies
TCU School of Music

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Dec 2, 2009 at 3:05:58 am

Strangely enough, we can use Telestream's Wirecast to stream with the Intensity Pro with either WMV, Flash or H.264. This leads me to believe that the incompatibility with this card lies within WME itself.

Steve Brame
VODSouth

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]