FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro Problem

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Longoria
Intensity Pro Problem
on Oct 13, 2009 at 8:58:17 pm

Hi There,

I've got a frustrating problem using an Intensity Pro to output video from Pro Tools. The issue is a bit complicated to describe so I've included a very crude diagram.

intensity problem" width="92" height="92" border="0" align="left" hspace="10" vspace="10">

The Setup

What I'm trying to do is take the HDMI output of the intensity pro and send it out to two monitors: a booth monitor for ADR and a large monitor in the control room for viewing with clients. The HDMI output of the intensity card goes to a gefen 1:2 dvi splitter. One side of the splitter goes to the booth. The other side of the splitter goes to the big monitor in the control room. Since the run out to the control room is longer, we use a gefen dvi extreme extender to reach to dvi input on the big monitor. The intensity card also has component outputs so we ran those to the big monitor as well.

With me so far?

So, the problem we are encountering is that certain videos when playing out of pro tools will not show up on the big monitor in the control room through the DVI input. There will just be a screen of vertical green lines with a bit of the edge of the image visible off to the left side. This only happens with lower resolution quicktime files like DV 720x480. Higher res files at DVCPro720p60, 960x720 work just fine. The monitor in the booth get's the signal just fine at any resolution (at least all the ones I have tried so far). Also, if I use the component input on the big monitor (which is hooked directly to the card) that will also play just fine.

Now if I take the same video that gave me a problem in Pro Tools into final cut, it plays though the big monitor's DVI input just fine.

So I'm stumped as to why the setup works with final cut and not with pro tools.

I would think that pro tools and Final Cut would play the same video through the card the same way, but obviously Final Cut is doing something different. I wish I knew what that was.

I guess I could try upping the resolution of the problem videos to see if that makes a difference, though I'm not sure the best way to do that.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Caio Simbula
Re: Intensity Pro Problem
on Oct 19, 2009 at 2:05:25 am

Which version of ProTools are you using? Anything before vers. 8 will not work through any video card, will only work through Firewire DV video.

caioFILM
caiofilm@mac.com
http://web.mac.com/caiofilm

Return to posts index

Matt Longoria
Re: Intensity Pro Problem
on Oct 19, 2009 at 2:34:58 pm

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I am running PT 8.0.1 and the card does work for the most part (Card firmware 3.3.2). The issue that I am having is that in pro tools, some videos will not play through my large monitor's DVI input. If I play the same video in final cut the issue goes away. So I'm wondering what it is the difference in output from the card between Pro Tools and Final Cut.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]