FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro green images on output to Dell LCD Monitor

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Teel
Intensity Pro green images on output to Dell LCD Monitor
on Oct 13, 2009 at 6:10:38 pm

I just bought an Intensity Pro card. I'm running HDMI out to a DVI-D input on my new Dell E2310H monitor. I am getting weird colors with the images when playing out in Final Cut. The image is a neon green color (when not using FCP the monitor is Green with YPbPr and Red with RGB). I have the monitor set to read a YPbPr color space and not RGB. Both options YPbPr and RGB have the same issues with the color. The footage I am using is Apple ProRes 4:2:2 (HQ) 1920x1080 60i and the card and monitor aren't having any issues playing out at real time. The color space is just off. I used the included software to play out the color bar templates that are included in the card. None of the color bars look right on the monitor either. Have there been these issues in the past? I was wondering if there was a way to use this workflow (without buying any new equipment)? Or if I'm totally screwed and need to return the monitor. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Equipment:
Mac Pro Quad Core
OSX 10.5.8
Intensity Pro
Driver Update 3.3.2
Dell E2310H LCD Monitor for Playback

Return to posts index

Simon Blackledge
Re: Intensity Pro green images on output to Dell LCD Monitor
on Oct 13, 2009 at 8:59:32 pm

Sounds like the issue is the conversion from hdmi to dvi-d

have you tested the hdmi>dvi-d with something like a dvd player or ps3? that obviously works.

s

Return to posts index

Glenn Teel
on Oct 14, 2009 at 12:13:04 am

Thanks Simon for the response. Unfortunately I don't have a PS3 to test it on. I'll have to see if my DVD player has HDMI out. It would be good to test other source footage outputs into the monitor.

BlackMagic responded to an email I sent them and they said the YUV is being sent out of the HDMI and the Dell Monitor's DVI is expecting a RGB signal. So I guess the monitor isn't smart enough to decode the input signal.

I guess my only options are return the monitor and get a HDTV or look into a converter box.
HDMI-to-RGB
Only problem is it's VGA.

Return to posts index

Simon Blackledge
on Oct 14, 2009 at 11:26:13 am

to be honest I have a Dell Ultra something here with HDMI in. The image from the dell wasnt great. Going into a proper TV via hdmi was way better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]