FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where can I find the 10-bit codec only?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Horne
Where can I find the 10-bit codec only?
on Oct 11, 2009 at 5:05:45 pm

I was told that the hardware drivers include the codec, but I don't have any Blackmagic hardware, and cannot download the drivers without a serial number.

I have a lot of final renders in the BM codec. I often use BM codecs when preparing final renders for tape layoff at an external facility. The site used to have a codec-only download for just this purpose. Now I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Anyone know where I can get it?

Thanks...

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Where can I find the 10-bit codec only?
on Oct 11, 2009 at 11:17:17 pm

Hi Thomas,

You can download without registering. Just click on the Download Now button instead of the Register & Download button.

That said, the codecs we include in our drivers are the Apple Uncompressed 10-bit codecs which are compatible with the Blackmagic 10-bit codecs you're used to.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Geo Brick
on Dec 18, 2010 at 7:14:25 pm

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but..

When you download a black magic driver and run the msi file (windows), it says it can't be installed without the hardware installed.

I don't have any black magic hardware but I do have several black magic encoded files from Debenham media (16mm film transfers).

What would I need to download at http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/software/ that would allow the codec to install.

While I'm at it, I've read there are Premiere Pro sequence presets for black magic (which I don't have). If I want to preserve an edited project in the lossless format, what sequence settings and what media encoder options do I select in Premiere Pro CS5? Is there a place to get the sequence presets or can you point me to a place that describes the settings so I can create my own custom settings?

Return to posts index

Geo Brick
on Jan 2, 2011 at 7:01:21 pm

I've answered my own question. I found blackmagic codec options in AME under the Microsoft AVI format in the Video CODEC pulldown list. (I'm not sure if this was there before I installed the PP functional content.)

I still see no sequence presets for blackmagic encoded video but I can just drag the clip to the "new item" button and a sequence based on the clip properties will be created.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]