FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Studio (2) and Windows-7 64bit and nVidia 790i Motherboard

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Grice
Decklink Studio (2) and Windows-7 64bit and nVidia 790i Motherboard
on Oct 9, 2009 at 4:17:48 am

Anybody know if this setup works with Decklink Studio(2)? My motherboard is the eVga 790i Ultra and I've got the RTM of Windows-7 64bit. nVidia wasn't mentioned on BlackMagic's website as being compatible (that I could find).

Thanks for any help.
Mike

Return to posts index

andy prada
Re: Decklink Studio (2) and Windows-7 64bit and nVidia 790i Motherboard
on Oct 19, 2009 at 9:25:58 am

There is no mention of Windows 7 on the BMD website to the best of my knowledge. You might get it to work. You might not. They will certainly not support anything not in the tech spec for the products which leaves VistaSP1 64bit as the latest OS for windows - something I've avoided myself.

I only add to this post because, like you I think, I now feel I need to move up to 64bit, in my case with Premiere Pro CS4. PPro simply isn't workable on 32bit with the kind of multilayer long form time lines that I work on using Boris BCC and Graffiti. It regularly stalls at 1400Mb RAM leaving me with lost time and endless repetition of work. Considering that W7 is launched this week and that the code has been out for ages in the community I'm a pit perturbed that BMD haven't at least mentioned it as on the agenda.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Matt Dowling
Re: Decklink Studio (2) and Windows-7 64bit and nVidia 790i Motherboard
on Oct 20, 2009 at 12:21:53 am

Hi Andy,

We have been testing Windows 7 for some time. Our current releases are compatible with Windows 7 32bit and 64bit right now.

So you are all set for your Windows 7 installs.

Regards,

Matt
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]