FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro Capture, no picture/sound at all

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Termi Att
Intensity Pro Capture, no picture/sound at all
on Oct 8, 2009 at 10:39:30 am

hey there, I recently traded my old intensity for a pro version, so I could capture playstation 3 footage via component.

had the old card working with our 360 just fine (only via 1080i though). now the new card is here and I got no picture whatsoever. not even via hdmi and the 360, which was working just fine.

i installed the latest drivers of course, deleted everything from the old card.

tried VD, premiere, and media express. switched through all options of input and nothing is working. I get no sound too it seems. the wierd thing is, when I got no capture program open, my lcd (connected via inentsity pro hdmi out) displays some red jitter, like it gets at least somewhat of a signal from the card. does that indicate anything?

please help me, got no other idea. the old card was working just fine...

thx
Termi

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Intensity Pro Capture, no picture/sound at all
on Oct 11, 2009 at 11:21:32 pm

Hi Thermi,

The first thing to check will be your video input settings in the Windows Control Panel > Blackmagic. Your old Intensity card has only HDMI inputs while Intensity Pro has HDMI and analog component. As such, you will need to tell the hardware which of the inputs to use.

Unlike the Xbox360, the HDMI output of the Playstation 3 is encrypted for both movies and gaming output so you will not be able to capture it using Intensity Pro.

Try that first and see how you go.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Termi Att
on Oct 11, 2009 at 11:36:40 pm

hey there,
thx for the answer, but these things were already known to me. i tried to restart the capture programs a couple of times and voila, it started working. also the tip with the switching between capturing and playback in the media express capture software worked for me.

Return to posts index

Taylor Reding
on Dec 26, 2009 at 8:58:54 pm

im having the exact same problem and ive tried everything. most of the time Media Express will tell me that there is a "capture initialisation error".

ive tried changing the imputs and various settings but nothing is working. it seems that my computer is also having issues recognizing the drivers. when i go to device manager they show up under the right tab but whenever i get an error message they are suddenly gone.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]