FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Screen Problems, not green screens, monitor Green Screen!!! :)

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Karli
Green Screen Problems, not green screens, monitor Green Screen!!! :)
on Oct 8, 2009 at 7:18:37 am

Hi!

I put this post in the FInal Cut Pro part of the forum, but it might have been better to put it her, so here it is:

We are having a bit of a problem here with one of our editing machine. It started 10 days ago, the two windos of FCP, I don't know how they are called in english, the Canevas and the visualliser(?). They started to go green sometimes.

We're editing on a quite recent mac pro 8core, 12go of Ram, with a Intensity Pro Card from Black Magic. all the edited material is on a 6to SAS RAID with an ATTO controller card.

I recently changed the card to a Multibridge Pro by Blackmagic, the problem went on, but even more explicit than with the Intensity Pro, as now as the Green goes also to the external HD monitor, also hooked to the multibridge. And when that happens it goes with sound like BZZRRR. Not cool.

The problem is not constant, it happens at one moment, and suddenly not for 2 days, than one day is a nightmare.

Any ideas would be most welcomed, as I never saw that problem before, I don't know how to handle it!

Thanks in Advance,

Max

Return to posts index

Aristides Tiropolis
Re: Green Screen Problems, not green screens, monitor Green Screen!!! :)
on Oct 21, 2009 at 10:10:04 pm

You really need to contact someone from Apple support, it sounds to me that it might be the graphics card having issues, who knows maybe the cooler is broken and it heats up too much sometimes, which would explain the "randomness" somehow due to different room temperatures.
But it could as well be a lot of other stuff too...Contact them!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]