FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro compatability with 3rd party broadcasters

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Steinkoetter
Intensity Pro compatability with 3rd party broadcasters
on Oct 7, 2009 at 9:32:26 pm

I have been working on getting a live webcast together, but have run into a few technical issues. I am trying to broadcast in HD, and have a Blackmagic Intensity Pro to capture video and sound from my HD camcorder. If I run only the video through the card to any number of third party broadcasters (like LiveStream or BlinkoTV), I have no problems other than an a/v sync issue, which results from running the audio and video from different sources. When I go ahead and run audio with the video through the card, I get repeated buffering with those same broadcasters. The webcast starts and stops over and over, which makes it unwatchable.

So, at this point I either have the equivalent of a bad martial arts look (sound coming one second before video), or I have something that can be watched in 1/2 second intervals...so, nothing worthwhile yet...

My computer is solid enough to handle everything: Duo 2.8 GHz processors, 64-bit Vista with 8 Gb of RAM, so I'm fine on that front. Blackmagic tells me it's probably compatibility between their card and the broadcasting software. So, here's my question:

If there is anyone that has used a Blackmagic card with a third-party broadcaster like the ones listed above (I know some of you have), can you please direct me to the best match to my card? I would like to broadcast in HD, but would settle for 640x480 for the time being if that's all I can get. At this point, I just want to get something out there of decent quality.

Any help is incredibly appreciated...I've been learning this stuff the hard way for months now, and want to get something to show for my efforts!!! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Marcello Mazzilli
Re: Intensity Pro compatability with 3rd party broadcasters
on Oct 7, 2009 at 9:50:17 pm

I get "old frames" from the buffer interleaved with squarish effects .. specially at the begining of a playback.. even in Final Cut.

siRoma di Marcello Mazzilli
Corporate video productions in Italy
http://www.siroma.com

Return to posts index

Jim Steinkoetter
on Oct 7, 2009 at 10:01:52 pm

So, are you suggesting that I should go with a different card? If so, do you have a recommendation?

Just trying to make sure I understand you properly...

Return to posts index

Marcello Mazzilli
on Oct 7, 2009 at 10:07:27 pm

No.. I am confirming I have the same (I think is the same ) problem. I don't need it for live webcasting so for me this is a minor issue.. If while editing I see strange flashes is not a big problem. I hope some future driver upgrades will fix the question. I am sorry but I cannot help more.. If your need is for live playback.. surely you should have a more reliable hardware .. but I don't know what to suggest

siRoma di Marcello Mazzilli
Corporate video productions in Italy
http://www.siroma.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]