FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Intensity Pro user help please!

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Grey
New Intensity Pro user help please!
on Oct 6, 2009 at 8:57:00 am

Hi, just bought an Intensity Pro card for monitoring and had several qusetions I was wondering if anyone could help with please. I have it in my Mac Pro, connected to an LCD monitor via component cables.

1. When viewing in 1080i, the picture isn't as clear as on the monitor - it looks almost like ghosting from bad reception

2. When I change the output to SD PAL (anamorphic), the picture is very pixelated

3. How do I view Quicktime videos on my monitor?

4. Also how do I view internet videos on it? (Like when you go to Youtube and click on 'full screen')

Many thanks!

David

Return to posts index

Marcello Mazzilli
Re: New Intensity Pro user help please!
on Oct 7, 2009 at 9:10:38 pm

Hi,
I have the same card and as a user I doscovered some things my self

1. When viewing in 1080i, the picture isn't as clear as on the monitor - it looks almost like ghosting from bad reception

This should not happen. If you have hd 1920x1080 interlaced (either 50i or 60i depending the county you live in) you should see a properly interlaced image. You can check this because your picture in PAUSE mode should "vibrate" (the monitor will be showing very fast one field then the next then the first in a loop). But.. there is an option in the control panel (or settings panel if you have a Mac) that disables interlace in PAUSE MODE showing you a false interpolated frame not really present in the footage.. so also check this

2. When I change the output to SD PAL (anamorphic), the picture is very pixelated

It is. Picture is brought up to HD anyway (i think) and then recompressed. Also it depends on the monitor you use. I have a LG w2261v. that is a computer LCD 1920x1080 res monitor with a HDMi input. If I give smaller (SD) signal quality is rubbish and picture is stretched.

3. How do I view Quicktime videos on my monitor?

You can't. I asked Blackmagic and the yjust answered with a list of compatibile applications. Quicktime was not there

4. Also how do I view internet videos on it? (Like when you go to Youtube and click on 'full screen')

You can't again.

I'm sorry but this card is mainly for video editing, capturing, live web tvs etc... If you bought it to view DIVX or Youtube on your TV set is useless

siRoma di Marcello Mazzilli
Corporate video productions in Italy
http://www.siroma.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]