FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD Deck, FCP + Black Magic

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Torti
HD Deck, FCP + Black Magic
on Oct 5, 2009 at 10:01:21 pm

We rented an HD 3700B Panasonic deck for a capture project tomorrow. It is successfully routed to FCP, but I can't get an image. The timecode and deck control work in LOG AND CAPTURE, but I've tried all the Black Magic settings in Capture/Input and can't get an image on the screen.

Is there a setting I need to change in FCP to work with an HD deck? This is my first attempt with HD deck control. Capture screen says "No Input"

Tape is 23.98 1080p and even the Black Magic 23.98 1080p 10-bit (and 8bit) setting gives me no video!

Help!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: HD Deck, FCP + Black Magic
on Oct 6, 2009 at 12:32:42 am

you do know that EVERY HD VTR can be set for multiple frame rates, and things like 720p, and 1080i, and if you don't have your VTR set correctly, you will get nothing out of it. Do you have an HD monitor ? Have you tried simply playing the tape into your HD monitor ?

Maybe you should read the .pdf manual on the 3700, or if you can't be bothered, call the rental company, and ask them how to set this VTR up for your playback requirements. This has nothing to do with Blackmagic.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Oct 6, 2009 at 2:40:35 am

Hi Matt,

One other thing you need to check, like what Bob has mentioned, is the output settings of the D5 deck. It can be configured to output different framerates so you'll need to make sure that it is correct.

Also, which Blackmagic Design card are you using and what versino of our drivers do you have installed?

The D5 can also output 1080p as PsF so you should try setting it to that and see if it helps.

"No Input" on the capture screen is an indication that you're running a very old driver as we don't have that indication in our recent drivers.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
on Oct 7, 2009 at 8:51:30 am

Another basic thing (pardon if you've ensured this) is that you have to be connected to the 'blue' outputs which are HD-SDI. The 3700 also outputs SD-SDI.

And ensure you have the correct format playing out of the 3700's HD-SDI. As Bob noted, the 3700 does down and cross-conversion of HD.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]