FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD Extreme 3 & Premiere

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Seville
HD Extreme 3 & Premiere
on Oct 3, 2009 at 4:07:14 am

We have the HD Extreme 3 and we just purchased a Panasonic BT-LH1710 LCD reference HD monitor. We have it connected via BNC in the SDI on the monitor and out of the Extreme card in the first BNC slot (closest to the breakout cable input). We just shot footage with the Varicam 2700 and if we choose DVCPROHD 720p from the presets in Premiere 4.1, we can view the material that is in the source monitor on the Panasonic but once we put on the timeline and thus program monitor, we cannot see the footage on the Panasonic reference monitor. If we choose from the Blackmagic presets it does work. Why is this? Do we have to use the Blackmagic presets for our footage to be seen on our Panasonic monitor even though we should be using what we shot in, which in this case was DVCPROHD 720p 24fps P2?

Second issue is audio, even when using the blackmagic presets, we cannot hear audio. I have the settings all correct in Premiere and can see the levels moving, just can't hear anything out of our speakers. The audio works fine with our speakers in every other preset but Blackmagic (using Premiere Pro Sound as the Audio Hardware and Audio Output Mapping). Once we switch to Blackmagic, we do not hear any audio.

Any thoughts would be extremely (no pun intended) helpful!!

Return to posts index

Bo Skelmose
Re: HD Extreme 3 & Premiere
on Oct 3, 2009 at 8:41:52 pm

Yes you have to choose a BM project to view it on your monitor - when played in timeline...

Return to posts index

Bill Seville
on Oct 4, 2009 at 1:37:10 am

Interesting...So if I want to use the HD-SDI (in) on the Panasonic coming (out) of the Blackmagic Extreme 3, I have to use a Blackmagic project at all times in Premiere? So for all our current footage shot on the Varicam 2700, instead os using the DVCPROHD 720p24fps project, I have to use the BM Varicam one? Any difference between the two?

The Panasonic does have a DVI-D input and we have the Nvidia GeForce GTX 295 which I could go out of but why not use the HD-SDI via BNC.

If I do use the BM preset, I have to figure out the audio issue. When using BM preset, I do change the "Audio Hardware" and "Audio Output Mapping" both to Blackmagic. Still nothing.

Return to posts index

Ken Mitchell
on Oct 4, 2009 at 1:57:25 pm

I had the same problems in CS3... My card is using the serial digital outputs so I have to hook it up to a ds digital audio board to hear the serial audio... keep your audio presets set for the blackmagic card just create another sequence (timeline) in the same project.. copy and paste into that sequence.. that usually solves the problem... don't know why but premiere cs3 is probably one of the most buggy programs I have ever used

Return to posts index

Bill Seville
on Oct 5, 2009 at 4:55:34 pm

Thanks Ken...I'll give that a try but I am using CS4. I wonder if it's the same issue with that audio. I'm still a bit confused with my reference monitor and the need to use BM presets for it to work on the timeline. I understand it's coming out of the card but for it to work in the source monitor (in any other project) but not anywhere else kind of baffles me.

Return to posts index

slobodan milivojevic
on Oct 9, 2009 at 4:56:15 pm

Hi,

in order to hear audio, U must connect your speakers to blackmagic audio output!
In that way they have fixed lost of sync that happened sometimes on other audio cards and premiere pro series.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]