FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro help please!

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Lynas
Intensity Pro help please!
on Oct 1, 2009 at 7:30:01 am

Hi all.

I'm having an issue with my Intensity Pro after installation last night.

Firstly I plugged the card in like a tru n00b and then the drivers. Realising my gaffe, I uninstalled etc and did it the right way around.

I can see the incoming video (via HDMI) from my XBOX 360 no problem. I can't however get it to output video to my HP w2207 via HDMI whilst it is recording.

The only way anything will appear on the HP monitor, is if I switch tabs in Media Express 1 to the playback tab, which simply shows me something I'd already recorded 5 mins previously.

XBOX is set to 720p, IPro is set in control panel to Input HDMI and output HDMI.

Obviously the card is working as I can see picture when I change to playback but I'd like to be able to play on the console and record at the same time, playing through the Media Express is possible but hard to see and defeats the object..

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Dale Mullins
Re: Intensity Pro help please!
on Oct 1, 2009 at 2:19:51 pm

Hello Steven.

I don't have an answer to your exact question, but I'm also capturing 720p from my Xbox 360 with the Intensity (not Pro..HDMI in/out only). I thought I'd share how I do it.

I actually use an HDMI splitter (you can get one from monoprice.com for around $30 or so..maybe cheaper elsewhere). This way I don't have ANY lag or chance of the recording/capturing process interfering with my gaming. HDMI out from X360 -> HDMI splitter -> 1 output to Intensity, 1 output to television.

I use VirtualDub to capture. You can read this thread at their forum for my setup: http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.php?act=ST&f=6&t=16116 .

You could probably use Media Express to capture, but unless you have a beefy computer/storage to accommodate the high data rate (or use compression) - you will probably run into issues. Also, unless you know what/when you want to capture, your files will be HUGE if you just turn it on and let it capture for hours.

I have VirtualDub capture using Huffyuv lossless compression. If you got the CPU to handle it, it helps cut down the file sizes and also the rate of writing data to the disk. Also, VirtualDub is configured to write out ~2GB file segments - which makes it easier to manage.

Return to posts index

Steven Lynas
on Oct 1, 2009 at 3:07:28 pm

I can see why you would buy a splitter to divert the output. However, I've got a fairly decent PC.

4GB RAM, Windows 7, 2 x Striped HDD, Phenom 9750 Quad Core.

The image captures prefectly without any lag etc, at 720 or 1080i.

However, I thought that this card facilitated the ability to capture from an HD source and at the same time monitor the source on the HDMI out!?

If this isn't the case, I'll have to return it as unfit for purpose as buying additional kit to do the cards job for it is just crazy!

Maybe I've set something up wrong.

Return to posts index

Anmol Mishra
on Mar 7, 2010 at 5:23:20 am

Hi Dale. I was following your thread on virtualdub.org.
I had a few questions as there were some issues.
1. The build is a fork of virtualdub, and is only in the virtualdub-hdyc that squid_80 put out. Is that correct ?
2. The version in the thread is the non Multithreaded huffy build. Is that right too ?
3. Also, there were issues with the HDYC colorspace outputted by Huffy. The gent here did tests on a vectorscope and found some interesting things..Are you sure this is not occuring in the HDYC build you are using ??

http://www.etfinder.net/capturepics/

And the forum thread where this occurs..

http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.php?s=96dad7ba5cf71f5cc786f521ed861dc0&a...

I do not have access to a vectorscope and my concern would be, that we are having small issues with colorspace using virtualdub and huffy that do not show up until the generated files are carefully observed..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]