FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Express 2.0

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Hendriks
Media Express 2.0
on Sep 30, 2009 at 12:46:43 pm

Hi,

As far as I can see Media Express doesn't capture timecode and reel names into captured Quicktimes.
Or am I missing something?

Best Ben

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
Re: Media Express 2.0
on Sep 30, 2009 at 1:30:59 pm

Hi Ben,

I had the exact same issue when I was doing an online HDCAM SR capture, I was capturing via SDI, and using the TIemcode connection to the Eclipse card. With media Express 1.0, it does not capture the timecode/write it into the captured avi or Quicktime file. I was told only if I captured with Premiere pro as I am on Windows that the Timecode would capture to the file using one of the Blackmagic Presets.

I am suprised Media Express 2.0 still does "NO TIMECODE capture" in media Express 2.0? Timecode is the basic fundementals of editing so if a product does not support timecode capture in my opinion it's rubbish and needs timecode capture to the video file.

Thanks,

Leo

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
on Sep 30, 2009 at 11:57:22 pm

Just as a FYI you can add timecode and reel info after capturing in Media Express using Premiere or Final Cut Pro. All those programs do is write the appropriate info into the header of the captured file.

So as you are capturing from a known timecode number it shouldn't be a 'guesstimate' as to what the starting timecode should be.

The problem arises when there is a timecode disruption/break/jump. This would require capture segmenting and a lot more code; I guess that would be something you would have to pay for....

Baz

What would I do without the 'UNDO' button!!!!

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Oct 1, 2009 at 11:17:57 pm

Hi Leo,

You'll be pleased to know that we've fixed this and it is available in the next update which is due really soon.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Iliya Gitlin
on Oct 2, 2009 at 8:08:19 am

next update which is due really soon.
Days, weeks, months, years???
Several weeks ago you already spoke - "really soon" - and when it will come "soon"?

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Oct 2, 2009 at 8:34:45 am

Hi

looking at within a week or so.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Iliya Gitlin
on Oct 2, 2009 at 8:40:56 am

thank
you can post changelog?

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on Oct 2, 2009 at 9:37:03 am

Hello Kristian,

Sounds good, do you have a rough ETA as this seems to be the missing link with the hardware/software.

Thanks,

Leo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]