FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommended Motherboard

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Maingay
Recommended Motherboard
on Sep 30, 2009 at 8:33:10 am

I'm looking to build a system with the Intel i5 750 processor with which I will use a Decklink card. Is there a particular motherboard that you would recommend?

Return to posts index

Mark Teske
Re: Recommended Motherboard
on Oct 28, 2009 at 6:15:00 pm

I'm not sure why Blackmagic's list of recommended motherboards contains only motherboards that are no longer available in stores. I've wasted money on two motherboards that haven't worked with their hardware.

Return to posts index

Nick Smith
on Dec 7, 2009 at 6:08:43 pm

Running into the same problems here. I have no working inputs, only deck control.

XFX 630i (close to the recommended 790i) is a no-go with both Vista 64 and XP 64. My MSI motherboard with AMD 4800 and Nvidia chipset, Geforce 8300, and XP SP3 box shows same problems.

Just bought another Gigabyte just to get this to work, but I hate to throw away another $100. Anyone have good luck with motherboards that are not on the compatibility list???

Dying on the vine here... Would love to fix for $250 or less...

Return to posts index

Henry Grevemberg
on Oct 2, 2010 at 4:27:57 pm

not compatible w/ am3 system - Asus 890FX, 6-core 1090T, 8 gig 1600 Gskill ram - wasted too many hours with frozen screens, crippled mouse, loaded every vs of driver in every pcie slot, RMA'd to blackmagic, who said "Everything's fine here."

Return to posts index

Nick Smith
on Oct 3, 2010 at 9:10:12 am

Yeah. I'm sorry to say, but welcome to the party. Sounds just like my experience. Stuck with a 2 year old compatible motherboard list and a $700 card that won't function with modern technology. After my poor experience with the support group, I bought an ancient xw8200 with four 3.4 Xeon processors (2 dual cores) and 6GB RAM for $125 on ebay. I love having 2 extra boxes laying around just so I can import.

I'd be willing to bet Blackmagic releases a new card before they help out folks like you and me find a compatible mobo. Thanks Blackmagic, you rock!

Return to posts index

Mark Teske
Re: commended Motherboard
on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:04:46 am

I've found that I can get my decklink extreme to run on an ASus P6T Deluxe 2 motherboard. I heard from someone that they got theirs working, too. They've nearly made the cards obsolete by the lack of support.

When I added a new editing machine this year, it had Matrox hardware in it, just because of the compatibility issues.

Return to posts index

Nick Smith
Re: commended Motherboard
on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:20:07 am

I'm running the Studio 2 HD Decklink. From about a year ago, when I bought the card, I recall some people having luck with the P6T line of mobos, but not everyone.

If I remember right, the i7 is a particularly difficult CPU to work with the Studio 2 because of chipset issues... I own a Q6600 quad core, want to go i7 or i9 but won't because of decklink card.

Not gambling on a $300 mobo just for Decklink... happy with my old xw8200 for $150ish shipped, its my daily rig now. Good value.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]