FORUMS: list search recent posts

capture initialisation error.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Metcalfe
capture initialisation error.
on Sep 24, 2009 at 8:33:48 am

Hi,

First of all, sorry for the very basic question. I am still getting to grips with the setup.

I am having some problems getting my DeckLink SD SDI card to work.

I have:

1. Installed the card as per the instructions.
2. Installed version 7.3.1 of the drivers + utility apps which I download from BMDs website.
3. Connected my SDI feed into the right most connector (when viewed from the back). I have tried all other inputs without success.
The SDI feed is NTSC with timecode.

When I open Black Magic Media Express v1 I get the following error.

"capture initialisation error."

from then on I get "unable to start capture.".

If I try to run the Black Magic Media Express application and select 'capture now' from the file menu the items disable and the application never returns control.

The only connection to the card is my SDI feed. I am unsure if any other connections are needed. Please advise.

Many thanks,
Alex

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: capture initialisation error.
on Sep 28, 2009 at 11:22:24 pm

Try doing a repair install by going to the control panel -> add/remove applications. Click change/reinstall. Don't uninstall the app or software, simply choose repair.

So this happens with the Direct Show filters don't get installed for some reason and usually a repair install does the trick.

Give us a call if that still doesn't work.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Greg Be
Re: capture initialisation error.
on Apr 3, 2010 at 11:59:04 pm

I had the same problem.

The problem occurred (for me) when another program (in my case Skype) took control of it. All I had to do was close down that program and Media Express was able to grab hold of it again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]