Blackmagic Installer

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Howe
Blackmagic Installer
on Sep 21, 2009 at 12:07:52 am

Hi BM guys

A quick request for you!

I was one of the early adopters of CS4. I had a full install of Both CS3 Master Collection & CS4 Master collection. Why....well...you know...the whole third party support thing.

Anyway..The Cs4 install had it's issues. Nothing to do with you guys, they just didn't play nice together.

Essentially, media encoder (the only way to export anything out of CS4) was trying to use Premiere Pro CS3 to load projects...and of course...failing miserably. As you would expect.

So in my wisdom, I waded through the installed files, and with a little creative re-naming, got all to work happily.

Then the catch...the last two BM drivers installs couldn't see CS4. And yes, it's probably my fault for my jiggery pokery in the indstalled files.

So for the past two BM installs, I have had to install all the files manually, which is not alot of fun.

My request is....can the installer ask where premiere is...or have an option to? This would save me a whole lot of hassle, as a full re-install right now isn't an option.

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who would appreciate this feature, some people install things in unusual places.

Woth asking, is it not?

Brett Howe
Creative Director / Producer
Brave Vision Pty Ltd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]