FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro, 1080i, and deinterlacing

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Landon Gaus
Intensity Pro, 1080i, and deinterlacing
on Sep 15, 2009 at 3:21:30 pm

Greetings, newbie here.

I recently purchased a Blackmagic Intensity Pro and have it hooked up via component video cables to my AT&T U-verse receiver and all I intend to do is watch 1080i television while working on my computer.

In the process of setting up the Intensity, I discovered that the included "Blackmagic Media Express" program is not really suited to watching TV but only to capturing. This is because when focus is taken away from the app (you click another program) the video and audio feeds stop, so you would have to keep that window clicked at all times, not a good thing if you want to work at the same time.

I stumbled across VirtualDub and got it to work correctly in capture mode with the Bintspro. It works great, but the only problem is that VirtualDub does not deinterlace the 1080i video, causing motion on screen to show the distinctive field combing (i guess that's what you call it). When watching the video using the supplied Blackmagic program, I don't have this problem.

I have played around in VirtualDub for a while trying to get a deinterlacing filter turned on so I can watch deinterlaced video, but when I enable the "filter chain" that contains any effect I might add to the filter list, including a deinterlacing plugin I found online, no effect seems to show on the video itself. Putting VirtualDub into preview mode and using the "preview acceleration" options sort of works, but the audio becomes choppy and out of sync with the video.

Does anyone have any ideas for getting VirtualDub to deinterlace this video? I've tried to get VLC to play the video being captured from the card, but when opening the device it simply sits there and never even shows a black (or otherwise) video frame.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Jason Axelrod
Re: Intensity Pro, 1080i, and deinterlacing
on Oct 1, 2009 at 12:48:16 am

Did you try Donald Graft's VDM plugins? Or better yet, Gunnar Thalin's De-interlace Smooth 1.1? You may want to check those out.

Return to posts index

Landon Gaus
on Oct 1, 2009 at 5:13:50 am

Great! Can this filter be used during the capture process? Keep in mind I am not actually capturing the video, but simply using capture mode to watch it.
Thanks for your reply!

Return to posts index

Elendill elendill
on Jun 6, 2011 at 2:29:57 pm

there is an option in BlackMagic Media Express 2.3 in preferences > "continue playback when in the background"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]