FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with Sync Generator

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurro Gonzalez
Problems with Sync Generator
on Sep 12, 2009 at 12:32:46 pm

Hi. I've been working on several PAL projects and my Blackmagic Sync Generator was fine. A few days ago I started working on a 1080i project, so I switched to that position as the backside diagram of de device says, but no 1080i reference appear. I rebooted the system and the sync generator, but nothing changed. Then I switched to different positions but I couldn't get the 1080i reference.

I downloaded the Mini Converters Software from Blackmagi's website and installed it, and I updated the sync generator firmware. It was worst the solution than the problem: now I can only get 1080i reference, no more PAL, nor the rest of the other clean reference signals. And none of them respects the backside diagram of switches's positions.

Any idea?

http://www.tyrisfilms.com

Return to posts index

Robert Falkowski
Re: Problems with Sync Generator
on Sep 16, 2009 at 12:43:30 pm

>I downloaded the Mini Converters Software from Blackmagi's website and installed it, and I updated the sync generator firmware.
The question is why to use firmware update on such a "dumb" device as a BMD Sync Generator with dip switches(?) To update SG to new formats (beyond 8 labeled on device).
It seams that new firmware = new formats for BMD SG. Ok! But to find info about dip switches positions for new formats? What formats? ;)
Or... Maybe I am missing something?

BTW: My BMD MB Pro(ver1) control panel ALWAYS shows: "Reference input not detected" if I work with SD PAL (or with HD to SD PAL BMD down conversion).
When I set PPro project to any HD res then input panel ALWAYS shows: "Reference input connected".
Both observations with SG (no matter what video format set on SG dip switches) or without it.
Well, maybe I just do not understand what this information means :/

Robert Falkowski - http://www.mmstudio.com.pl
--
System: Win XP Pro SP2 (Eng.), Edit soft: Adobe CS3 Premium, Video: BM-D Multibridge Pro (rev1), CPU: Q6600, chipset: P35, RAM: 4GB RAM, VGA: 8800GTS, HDD: 1x250GB + 4x500GB raid0, VTR: BetacamSP: UVW1800P, Dvcam: DSR-11P.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]