FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Intensity Pro -> Analog (Composite) Monitoring

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bwana McCall
Blackmagic Intensity Pro -> Analog (Composite) Monitoring
on Sep 5, 2009 at 8:09:06 am

Hi all,

I purchased a Blackmagic Intensity Pro yesterday. I'm using the card for several purposes but my main goal is broadcast live from various HD sources (HD Camcorder, Game Consoles, etc)

I want to monitor my capture video via composite (green Y-out) and I'm getting a blank image. I've setup the appropriate inputs/outputs in control panel in Windows XP SP3:

- In (R-Y, Y, B-Y)
- Out (HDMI, NTSC (Y-Out)

I'm able to see the video via the Media Express application, but on my analog monitor, I see nothing. Is this possible? Am I doing something wrong? Any and all tips are greatly appreciated.

- Bwana

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Blackmagic Intensity Pro -> Analog (Composite) Monitoring
on Sep 6, 2009 at 11:04:01 pm

Hi Bwana,

This is not possible a composite connection does not support HD video. It does not have the necessary bandwidth. To monitor HD video in analog, you have to use component video.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Bwana McCall
on Sep 6, 2009 at 11:45:48 pm

:(

I have a LCD monitor with a DVI connection, would it be possible to output through the Blackmagic's HDMI out and use a HDMI -> DVI converter? Am I stuck with component out only?

I've tried the HDMI -> DVI solution and my monitor (Dell 2005FPW) claims it can't display the output. Any ideas?

Thanks for your response.

Bwana

Return to posts index

Sean Sullivan
on Sep 10, 2009 at 2:35:16 am

To output HDMI while using composite input, just set your output to HDMI & Y, R-Y, B-Y, and set your input to NTSC/PAL (Y In) & Analog RCA Audio.

As for your HDMI -> DVI solution, it should work as you'd expect. My guess is that you're trying to output resolutions for your monitor that are too high (ie your monitor supports 1680 x 1050, you might be trying to display 1920 x 1080). Are you getting an "out of scan range" message?

To test this theory you could go into your control panel and set output processing to: HD to SD Letterbox 16:9.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]