FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compatible motherboards for multiple Blackmagic Intensity Pros

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Castagnetto
Compatible motherboards for multiple Blackmagic Intensity Pros
on Aug 26, 2009 at 7:05:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been doing some reading and research for a project. I need to capture live video from 4 - 5 canon hv30s to a single computer. I dont have to capture in HD if the IO or processing is too great but I would like the option to do so in the future. I need to install 4 - 5 Blackmagic Intensity Pros in the same box to be able to do this.

I understand I will need to write my own software to detect and control each BMIP and that isnt the problem. The biggest issue I am facing is finding a motherboard with 5 or 6 pci express slots which are compatible with the BMIP.

After reading http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/124/870422 it looks like the Asus P6T6 would work for my needs but Blackmagic says that Asus P6 mobos are not compatible with their 1x lane products. The posts in the thread dont seem to point to any first hand experience but rather what people were planning to try. Does anyone have first hand experience with this board (or any other one) and whether it will work with multiple blackmagic cards (at least 4 cards)?

I appreciate your help!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Compatible motherboards for multiple Blackmagic Intensity Pros
on Aug 26, 2009 at 8:23:49 pm

Tom,
when you figure out how to record 5 live streams into FCP at the same time, please let me know, because you will be rich. Telestream currently makes the Pipeline for $10,000 that will let you capture 4 SD-SDI streams live, but if you can find a cheapo solution with Intensity cards - well, you just let me know.

Bob ZElin

Return to posts index

Tom Castagnetto
on Aug 26, 2009 at 8:32:29 pm

I'm not looking to capture to FCP. I am looking to capture and encode into a flash or mpeg file. Given adequate hardware I don't believe writing software to do this will too hard. I am not looking to do 1080i video yet either, I will have it downsized to 480i with the intensity pro.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Aug 28, 2009 at 6:36:00 am

Linux SDK maybe help here if you could see each card as separate device and could write 5 separate streams like that.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

William Wolfe
on Feb 11, 2010 at 10:19:09 pm

I am interested in using two intensity pro capture cards in a windwos box. Have you created any code to allow for switching/recording between multiple input cards?

-Will

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]