FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Problems with Decklink and Adobe CS4

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Roy
Audio Problems with Decklink and Adobe CS4
on Aug 26, 2009 at 10:57:58 am

I've installed the latest version of decklink 7.2 on my PC along with Adobe CS4 4.1. The Decklink update installs a series of files including a Premiere Support 4.0 folder. I've moved some of the files into their proper location and after some work I now have CS4 working properly and I can see the playback of my timeline on my Sony production monitor. The problem is that I can't get any audio from the timeline. The audio bars in CS4 are showing the audio but I'm not getting any audio from my speakers. I believe that there are a series of audio files that Decklink installed but they need to be moved to a special folder. In the EncoderPresets there are some AIFF48mono*.epr files and I think these are the files controlling sound, but I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Ryan Yoxthimer
Re: Audio Problems with Decklink and Adobe CS4
on Aug 28, 2009 at 12:52:35 am

I'm having the same exact issue just now. I want to view the video output on my studio monitor and have the audio routed to my sound card output instead of going out the Decklink.

Return to posts index

Paul Roy
Re: Audio Problems with Decklink and Adobe CS4
on Aug 28, 2009 at 10:06:34 am

Hi Ryan,

I called Blackmagic and they were able to help me. Mistake on my part. I was trying to hear the audio through the back of the computer instead of using the XLR output jacks that are on the monster cable that came with the Decklink Card. Once I connected my external speakers to the actual Decklink cable XLR connectors everything was fine. Hope this is your problem. You also need to set a couple options within CS4 under the preferences in the Audio sections that tells CS4 to use the Blackmagic Audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]