FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro Video/Audio Sync

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Goad
Intensity Pro Video/Audio Sync
on Aug 24, 2009 at 3:51:40 am

I bought the Intensity Pro and finally got it hooked up right, and put on the appropriate settings. I recorded my footage, and it looked great. I went to edit/compress the file, and I saw the audio wasn't synched up in anyway with the video. It seemed to be faster than the video.

The video source is hooked up using Component cables and then the signal is outputted through HDMI to a TV.

I've also noticed whenever I record it says some frames were dropped. Is this why it's not synced up? The audio is going normally, but the video is losing some frames? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Now when I was editing the clips it appears as though the video is fine, but the audio speeds up and skips at times, explaining the shorter audio. Why is this happening? How can I fix it?

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
Re: Intensity Pro Video/Audio Sync
on Aug 24, 2009 at 9:23:15 am

Were you recording component from a HDV tape in a deck or camcorder? if so and there were frames lost, usually the sound isn't bothered and appears to be ahead of the video because of a loss of a video GOP or part of one

Return to posts index

Max Goad
on Aug 24, 2009 at 2:12:10 pm

I am recording off of an Xbox 360, so the footage would be live, not recorded. So no, I was not using a camcorder.

Return to posts index

Max Goad
on Sep 8, 2009 at 1:13:01 am

I would really appreciate some help with this. If what you say is the problem... what is GOP?

Return to posts index

Sean Sullivan
on Sep 10, 2009 at 2:56:06 am

It is quite possible that your audio is actually playing faster than your video, or your video could be playing too slow. I've had some problems with audio and video being out of sync but was able to recover my footage with VirtualDub.

If you download VirtualDub and open your video up in it, theres an option in the Options menu to Sync to audio. You can play your video back in VirtualDub to see if it looks alright and then export it.

There are also plenty of other options in there to mess around with like changing the fps and whatnot.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Max Goad
on Sep 11, 2009 at 1:47:58 am

It's hilarious actually. Just days ago I finally found an article listing Virtualdub, and using it has solved all my problems! Thanks for responding though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]