FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS4 Decklink HD Extreme Project Manager Issue

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bobby hester
CS4 Decklink HD Extreme Project Manager Issue
on Aug 19, 2009 at 9:32:43 pm

I have a large project that I need to archive. I using the Decklink HD Extreme and a MJPEG project. When I run the project manager it just makes full copies of my footage. I want to make trimmed copies of my files. I know my setting are correct because I have had success with DV projects in the past. Has anyone else had this issue?

On a side note I just installed windows 7 64bit and my edit system is working flawlessly except for the project manager.

Premiere CS4 4.1.0
Editing mode: Blackmagic Motion-JPEG
Timebase: 29.97fps
Video Settings
Frame size: 1920h 1080v (1.0000)
Frame rate: 29.97 frames/second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)
Fields: Upper Field First
Audio Settings
Sample rate: 48000 samples/second

Hardware
Decklink HD Extreme
Asus P5Q Deluxe Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8000 @2.33GHz
8GM DDR 2 Ram

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
Re: CS4 Decklink HD Extreme Project Manager Issue
on Aug 20, 2009 at 12:36:38 am

Hello Bobby,

I have heard this same issue with Cineform files as well when they try to get trimmed by the Adobe Premeire pro project manager, so it sounds like an issue with 3rd party video codecs, Cineform, Blackmagic.

I think it will work with the standard codecs/project settings that come with cs4 the project manager.

So with Windows 7, what advantage are you getting over Vista 64bit on your edit suite?

Be interesting to know, as many people are talking about Windows 7, but I can't see a real need to switch yet so be good feedback to see any advantages with running 7.

Thanks,

Leo

Return to posts index

bobby hester
on Aug 20, 2009 at 2:12:08 am

Windows 7 has a lot of new bells and whistles but I'm in love with its stability. I can't comment on vista 64bit. I upgraded form Vista 32 to 7 64bit. Under the 32bit OS Premiere would crash about every 30min. I'm Current working on a complex project with Over 1.5TB of video and I have never had a crash. You can still Download a free trial of windows 7 from Microsoft but the deadline is Aug. 20th.

Do you have any idea how I could workaround my project manager Issue. I hate to permanently store 1.5TB of data.

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on Aug 20, 2009 at 9:29:05 pm

Hello,

I am not to sure on the work around, as it may have to come from Adobe and/or the 3rd party developers like Blackmagic?

The rumours of Adobe CS5 and the imminent release of Windows 7 may be that all the bug fixs will be rolled into this?

I have been testing CS4, yes I admit a few nice new features like the Media Encoder batch rendering in the background. Faster project load times with the new 4.1 update for Premiere.

But still found bugs and hidcups running this as is on a HP XW8600, Dual Core Xeon 5430 3ghz, 8gb of Ram, Vista 64bit Business.

Also Cineform and Blackmagic seem to be struggling with the new Adobe API to make the software work with CS4. It's going to be coming up for a year now, since these companies started work to get product working with CS4.

On this basis I have rolled back to CS3, for Cineform and Blackmagic. Untill I see people having success with the software under CS4, and not just one or two people who may be paid plants for companies or ADOBE to endorse the product and how wonderful and great it is.

When I see good evidence that it is tried and trusted, reliable and solid then I will make the switch to CS4. At the moment it seems like WE ARE Non-PAID Beta testers for Adobe with the way CS4 is today.

You report an issue, they will either say you are the only person with the issue, or just refuse to take into account that we are MEDIA PROFESSIONALS we don't have time to test and send them crash logs to them which come back it's your end not ours responses.

I think it is hard to pinpoint what is creating your issue with the project manager, maybe it's best to get Adobe and Blackmagic to talk to eachother as it may be beyond Blackmagic's control and just one of these Adobe quirks.

Thanks,

Leo

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on Aug 20, 2009 at 9:32:32 pm

I know it's not really an option to roll back to Adobe CS3, at this moment in time. I am having great success with Cineform working from captured Uncompressed Blackmagic files.

Can you try a new project maybe with a DV file using the Premiere pro project presets and see if you get the same issue?

Maybe if enough of use email Adobe, they might listen??????????

Thanks,

Leo

Return to posts index

Miguel Moreira
on Feb 10, 2011 at 1:43:48 am

Hello! Just buy a decklink HD Extreme 3D but I can not capture with it. How to capture just have to have to buy board or other equipment to work side by side with it? And how to configure it? I'm finding that a lot of money put out.

Thank you if you can help me
Miguel

Excuse mei English
sou brasileiro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]