FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ultrascope vs. FSI built-in scopes, Error checking

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Hansen
Ultrascope vs. FSI built-in scopes, Error checking
on Aug 19, 2009 at 12:31:44 am

i'm thinking about getting the FSI 2450W LCD broadcast monitor, which features built-in scopes. how does the Ultrascope compare to FSI's built-in scopes?

in Bob's initial post, someone asked about Error Checking and logging. that would be an awesome feature for my clients who are always worried about their tapes getting rejected. i would prefer a feature like this to a hardware legalizer or NLE broadcast safe filter that would just squeeze and clip everything to make it safe. are there plans to add this feature? if not, does the current version feature out-of-safe areas in RED or anything like that?

thanks

e

Eric Hansen, The Audio Visual Plumber - http://www.avplumber.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Ultrascope vs. FSI built-in scopes, Error checking
on Aug 19, 2009 at 2:55:14 am

the FSI scopes are better than the JVC or Panasonic scopes, but they are not like the Ultrascope (which you can compare to a Leader LV7700 or Tek WFM5000, or Harris VTM-2400).

When you see the FSI 24" monitor, you will start crying. Especially when you see a SD-SDI signal on it. It's only competition is the more expensive CineTal.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Simon Blackledge
on Aug 20, 2009 at 10:29:47 pm

What about the 10bit TV logic Bob? I know the Cintal is 10bit but the FSI is 8.

Si

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 21, 2009 at 2:32:17 am

Simon -
these questions are becomming silly. When you have $8000 to spend on a monitor, so you really care how much your scope costs. The Ultrascope came out for people that had NO MONEY to buy a scope - now all of a sudden, everyone can afford a scope. No one with $8000 for a CineTal monitor is worried about scraping up the money for a HD-SDI waveform monitor (and will get an Omni Tek or Tektronix scope).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Simon Blackledge
on Aug 21, 2009 at 8:16:14 am

Bob,
I was just asking about the tv logic as it sits price wise between the FSI and the CineTal.

I care about what everything costs. As I'm sure your well aware of a little thing called budgets.

My budget allows for a CineTal and I will be using the Ultrascope. It wouldn't allow for a Cinetal and a OmniTek, so I wouldn't say no one ;)

Though my questions was off-topic so apologies for that.

Si

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]