FORUMS: list search recent posts

blackmagic product to purchase

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric nacke
blackmagic product to purchase
on Aug 18, 2009 at 1:09:42 am

Here's a question: I have an outdoor show that was shot HDV, edited in CS3 Premiere Pro, Matrox RTX2 card, and it needs to be delivered to a HDCAM deck via HDSDI. If I take the Premiere Pro project files and open them in a new system with a blackmagic card (extreme HD?) can I then print to tape on the HDCAM deck? (after transfering all the media files to the new system) This would be my first blackmagic system and I'm looking fwd. to putting it together.

thanks for any scoop - eric

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: blackmagic product to purchase
on Aug 18, 2009 at 7:23:14 am

Hi.

I would export my program to just one file and play it out on BM system. Does not really matter what system. Formats have to mach and system must be able to play out that format to this specific tape.

So just export one small part of your show and test it out.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Elvin Jasarevic
on Aug 18, 2009 at 4:26:03 pm

why dont you export using component out from ur Matrox card?

U will save time/conversion/money?? etc...

Return to posts index

eric nacke
on Aug 18, 2009 at 4:42:39 pm

From what I understand, HDCAM decks do not have HD component in. This is what I've gathered from looking at Sony's site. I found that hard to believe, but where I'm located, nobody has a HDCAM deck I can test on. I'll be renting one for a week and just want to maxamize my time with the deck - also I'd like to try a blackmagic set up and I currently do not have any HDSDI equipment....

eric

Return to posts index

Elvin Jasarevic
on Aug 18, 2009 at 5:27:57 pm

u are right about HD VTR's , still u could rent a converter and get it out that way..I think it will get messy if you try to get into BMD codec, conversion will take ages..

Return to posts index

eric nacke
on Aug 18, 2009 at 8:26:15 pm

Thanks Elvin,
I think what I'll try is to use premiere pros project manager to save the project trimmed to another hard drive - move that harddrive to my second system that I'll install a Decklink HD extreme card in and see what happens. I'm thinking that I can retain a little bit better image quality that way VS rendering them out, importing them into the Decklink computer then playing out via HDSDI... ? I did not think of getting a converter though..... in your experience have you noticed any quality issues doing that?

eric

Return to posts index

Elvin Jasarevic
on Aug 18, 2009 at 11:38:21 pm

Well if you get good converter, it will be no difference (not that you might see it, considering card u worked on).

It is much easier to convert YUV and analogue audio to HD-SDI than to move projects and reconvert.

Also you can do all this conversion in Real-Time.

Depending on codec used with Premiere and new BMD codec it will depend how much time/quality.

Good luck

Elvin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]