FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ultrascope monitor burn?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Paul
Ultrascope monitor burn?
on Aug 13, 2009 at 7:55:01 pm

I have noticed that LCD monitors burn in an image if it is static for several hours. Do you think it is better to let the computer's screen saver handle this? Or do some people just live with the burn in the display so they don't have to keep waking the computer up?

Chris Paul
POV

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Ultrascope monitor burn?
on Aug 13, 2009 at 10:02:46 pm

you are on an LCD monitor. You will use your cheap $240 LCD monitor for nothing but this scope display for the next 5 years. Why are you concerned about "burn". Does it really "burn" on the LCD display?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Chris Paul
on Aug 13, 2009 at 10:15:15 pm

[Bob Zelin] "Does it really "burn" on the LCD display? "

Yes, I have permanent burns on my 23" and 30" Apple Cinema Displays from the Final Cut Pro interface.

Chris Paul
POV

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 14, 2009 at 2:22:23 am

then yes, you will get burns from the Ultrascope. You will use the Ultrascope every second in every edit session - just like we use conventional waveform monitors and vectorscopes (just like you use your FCP system). So yes, you will get the same result. You can "sleep" your system for your Ultrascope as much as you "sleep" your system for your FCP MAC.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Aug 14, 2009 at 9:53:39 am

Hi.

I hear it first time that LCD will burn in. Is this about the panel apple uses ?

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Aug 15, 2009 at 6:15:46 pm

LCD monitors don't burn-in like a CRT where constant projection of the same image can damage the phosphors, they can develop a condition called "image persistence" where the pixel xtals develop memory, any persistant image usually can be removed by simply putting a pure white image on the display for a while to reset the xtals or use screen saver so an image isn't constantly protrayed will prevent "image persistence".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]