FORUMS: list search recent posts

A/V sync issues

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Steinkoetter
A/V sync issues
on Aug 10, 2009 at 12:43:57 am

This may or may not be the best place for this thread. Mods, feel free to move the thread if there is a better place for it.

I am using a Blackmagic Intensity Pro to capture video from my Sony HDR-SR12, and am using it for a weekly webcast. I am in the process of working through technical issues, the most significant of which is my A/V sync. Over the course of of a 45 minute webcast, the video eventually outpaces the audio by a couple of seconds.

My set up is this...video as stated above...audio through our soundboard run from our soundboard directly into my computer. How do I speed up the audio that's being processed or slow down the video to sync these up? I'm somewhat new to all of this and self-taught...this is one of those roadblocks that I'm not quite sure how to fix.

Any help is deeply appreciated!!!

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: A/V sync issues
on Aug 13, 2009 at 4:56:13 am

Hi Jim,

You're using 2 different hardware to encode video and audio streams seperately. Since they will be running on different hardware clocks, I'm not surprised that you're encountering A/V sync.

Anyway you can run the audio via the camera into Intensity Pro? That way, you're just working on a single clock and the problem should go away.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Jim Steinkoetter
Re: A/V sync issues
on Aug 14, 2009 at 4:21:44 am

Thanks for your reply, Kristian. The problem is that we have to get sound through our soundboard, because the mic sound is not good. The camera is easily 100 ft. away from the speaker. I can try to run the sound into the camera from the board, but I'm not sure that will work. I know people do run sound from soundboards for events like this, so I know it can be done...I just don't know how to do it.

Any other suggestions are deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]