FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere CS4.1 driver support on OS X?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Troy Murison
Premiere CS4.1 driver support on OS X?
on Aug 7, 2009 at 5:12:13 pm

I haven't seen anything in a while and I've emailed BM support with no response, so I thought I'd ask here:

Is no one wanting to use PPro CS4.x on a Mac with BM products? I'd love to but we're still waiting for the driver support. I'm on most current BM driver version (7.2.1) for the Mac which works great with other CS4 products, but no support for PPro yet. Any word on this?

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more info requests about this. Or maybe no one really cares about PPro/BM on Mac? I don't know anyone personally using it, so maybe it's a mute point. And I have heard that Adobe's changes to PPro is the cause, which is fine, but is it in the works or impossible or coming or .....

I would love to use Adobe's RED workflow with clients watching a monitor and not just on my pc laptop, but... I may have to buy a pc workstation just for the RED projects I guess.

I would welcome any info/update/insight from BM. Thanks.

-Troy Murison
Seattle, WA

Return to posts index

Randy Johnson
Re: Premiere CS4.1 driver support on OS X?
on Aug 10, 2009 at 3:24:37 pm

Still waiting too.

Randy Johnson
Rando1968@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Troy Murison
on Aug 10, 2009 at 10:38:06 pm

This doesn't seem promising.... :(

I was hoping to hear "It's on it's way shortly".

But I also hoped there might be more folks wanting the driver that might say so....

-Troy Murison
Seattle, WA

Return to posts index

Bartek Skorupa
on Aug 12, 2009 at 11:24:36 am

I am using Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut with BM and Avid with its MOJO.

Previewing in Premiere CS4 using BM:

Set the preferences of BM (In system Prefs) to show extended desktop on your video monitor. Restart mac. Launch Premiere and in the sequence menu select Sequence settings -> Playback settings -> set Realtime playback to your video monitor.

This is my workaround.

But - this solves only previewing issues and RED workflow (I use RED materials a lot now)

What about capturing from digibeta???????????
Unfortunatelly I have to work with PAL material also, and I don't think it'll change very quickly.

Now my workflow is as follows:

My editor captures and edits material using Avid and Mojo. He exports EDL.
I import EDL to PremierePro CS3 (yes... CS3) and batch capture the clips. Then I do my job in AE (CS3, or CS4, doesn't matter).

But I keep asking: Why do I have to do it this way? Why do I have to have CS3? How about I have only one copy of CS3, but more machines? I have only one machine that is able to capture stuff from digibeta, despite I have 3 or 4 adobe bundles. This is driving me crazy. Is there any way to buy Premiere CS3???? Why do I have to ask such questions?

When will we celebrate the first anniversary of the problem???

By the way: BM and Premiere CS3 was and is not ideal. This I think has something to do with Premiere itself, not BM. I capture something, save project, open it again and my timecode is lost. All the clips start at 00:00:00:00

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bartek Skorupa
Warszawa, Poland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]