FORUMS: list search recent posts

Windows 7 & Intensity Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Johnson
Windows 7 & Intensity Pro
on Aug 5, 2009 at 9:52:47 pm

I am running Windows 7 64 RTM. When I install my Intensity pro board it looks like its intalling but its shaded out in the device manager. Will the Insensity Pro work with Windows 7 64?

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
Re: Windows 7 & Intensity Pro
on Aug 6, 2009 at 4:43:30 am

I haven't heard anything about BMD supporting win 7 at this time, maybe someone from BMD will chime in.

Return to posts index

Ian Lewis
on Aug 6, 2009 at 7:25:22 am

I have a Decklink HD Extreme working fine in Windows 7 64. I may be wrong, but I believe that the Intensity drivers are basically the same.

Return to posts index

Tanel Toomsalu
on Aug 6, 2009 at 8:13:03 am

I tested it some time ago and got Intensity Pro to work on Win7 64b without any problems. Didnt do anything else besides seeing if it works, so cant comment on stability.

Return to posts index

Jim Daly
on Aug 7, 2009 at 12:10:21 am

Okay. Just got a brand new Intensity Pro out of the box and installed it. Windows 7 64 bit build 7100+ and used the Intensity 3.2 installer package.

Windows 7 rebooted to a BSOD. I tried to reboot a second time with the same result. After that I booted to safe mode and returned to earlier.

My system is a : Q6600 EVGA 790i FTW and nothing else except for a whole lot of disks and a xfx 9800gt video card.

I have XP on this system too. I'll try to install there and let you know.

Return to posts index

Randy Johnson
on Aug 7, 2009 at 2:34:25 am

o.k. mine started working maybe I needed a reboot.

Randy Johnson
Rando1968@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Chris Fisher
on Aug 11, 2009 at 10:30:32 pm

I'm on Windows 7 Ultmiate RC1 (x64)

The 3.2 drive package for Windows never finishes the installation, the installer runs for a bit, when it looks like its just about finished, the progress bar reverses and the installation fails.

So close! But no dice. real bummer too, not too unexpected, but shoot, this is one of the first devices I've got that worked under Vista, but does not work under Win7..

Anyone found a workaround to this problem?
-Chris

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
on Aug 14, 2009 at 12:52:31 pm

Did you try to run the installer with Vista Compatibility?
- JB

Jon Barrie
aJBprods
http://www.jonbarrie.net

Return to posts index

Joe Beckwith
on Aug 17, 2009 at 5:27:22 am

I am running Windows 7 x64 Professional and it installed fine.

The only problem I'm getting is that I can't seem to capture compressed MJPEG in VirtualDub, only in Media Express.

Return to posts index

Jim Daly
on Aug 17, 2009 at 12:50:51 pm

Okay to follow up here. I am also running Windows 7 64bit. The only way I was able to get this thing installed was to first install the software/driver package, shut the system down and then install the card. Once that was done the system booted and detected the card and installed the drivers. I was able to see the card and use it in Premiere Pro CS4. The video quality was good but video/audio sync was poor. Also in some cases could play the first 2 or 3 seconds of video then it would freeze the player. But the file was saved in its entirety, I can scrub through the file but no player will play it.

Finally, when I rebooted the system would not reboot properly. I was forced to "restore from earlier" to get my system running.

I have sent a message to Blackmagic

More to come..

Return to posts index

Chris Fisher
on Sep 21, 2009 at 7:26:03 pm

Thanks for the update! I've been trying the install with the card already in the PC, since I got the impression from their install PDF that was the order to do things. I'm going to pull the card and try that.

Please keep us posted on the audio sync stuff, and thanks for the help!
-Chris

Return to posts index

Steve Anderson
on Sep 27, 2009 at 10:15:41 am

Have you heard back from Blackmagic Jim? I just shot them an e-mail off yesterday so I am awaiting a reply from them as well. I will post back if I get any good news from them.

My problem is mainly with the audio, video is coming off perfectly. Yes, I have sync issues which I think is because of the audio problem anyways. But I am having so many issues with audio, MOST of the time it does not work and I have a high pitched annoying sound is probably the best way to describe it. It has works sometimes, reboots do not always guarantee it will work either.

I just upgraded my system too only to have problems that would almost make me wish I did not upgrade. I went from Windows XP 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit (which is where I am having all my problems). Hardware upgrade went from an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400 to an Intel Core i7 860 on a EVGA P55 FTW motherboard. :)

I installed the drivers like you would install anything else. (multiple times too). So to @Jon Barrie when you say install them with Vista Compatibility, I take it you mean right click installer > properties and check mark run this program in compatibility mode for previous version of Windows? If so, did you run into any audio problems if using Windows 7 64-bit too? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Nathan Goodfellow
on Oct 2, 2009 at 7:37:23 pm

I am having problems with the blackmagic and windows 7 as well.

I installed the hardware and the software and everything seemed to work fine however when I plug in video I cannot get it to display or capture anything but a black screen.

I contacted Blackmagic Design and they said they will not give me support until windows 7 is officially released

I do not want to have to roll back to a previous version so if anyone is currently running a stable install please advise on how I can accomplish this!

Nate
http://www.softthoughts.info

Return to posts index

Jason Carp
on Oct 23, 2009 at 2:40:54 am

Hey All,

I am new here, but I thought I'd give some feedback about this. I had the same issue when i updated to the new windows 7 32bit. And i followed the instructions above by deleting the drivers and then taking out the card and reinstalling the software and then after that reinserting the card. This worked perfectly and now I'm able to use the card the same way as before on Vista!

Return to posts index

andrew zarian
on Nov 1, 2009 at 9:12:18 pm

I am also having a issue with this card. I use the Intensity pro with 2 other cameras , and stream my show with vidblaster. normally im at around 75% system resources but in 7 im maxed at 100 %. I have changed the 3rd camera to something else other then the intensity pro and it works great. Seems like the drivers for 7 make it more demanding on the CPU. Does anyone know about this issue and if there is a fix for it

http://www.guysfromqueens.com

Return to posts index

Mitch Peterson
on Mar 27, 2010 at 6:55:49 am

I just got my intensity Pro in the mail, installed it in my computer, downloaded the drivers, hooked up xbox 360 via HDMI to the input on the intensity n one from its output to my hd tv. I can't get either audio or video to display or record. I'm running windows 7 ultimate. Any ideas/suggestions to fix this problem??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]