FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Extreme 3 Analog Audio Out Issue

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Brewis
Decklink Extreme 3 Analog Audio Out Issue
on Jul 30, 2009 at 11:44:23 am

Hi,

I'm trying to master my TV show to Digibeta, and have the following audio problem with my Decklink Extreme3, which I'm using to downconvert to SD PAL in real time.

It's a FCP sequence (HDV1080i50). On A1 and A2 I have the left and right channels of audio for my show. And on A3 and A4 I have the left and right channels of the 'international' version of the program. I need to replicate this on digibeta cassette.

The card is connected via SDI to the digibeta deck and is otherwise working perfectly well.

The problem is the audio on A3 and A4 is being sent to A1 and A2 on the digibeta deck. It's not a problem with the deck, that I'm sure about.

What's odd is in the Blackmagic control panel Channel 3 and Channel 4 are ghosted...??

My FCP setting sequences > audio outputs are set to 4 channels under the 'output' drop down, and the 'Grouping' is switched to Dual Mono. I tried Stereo Mix too but that didn't work either.

I'd be hugely grateful for some speedy I have a really strict deadline... Many thanks in advance.

Dave Brewis

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Decklink Extreme 3 Analog Audio Out Issue
on Jul 30, 2009 at 11:45:39 pm

Okay, so in the control panel you are set to Analog audio, so there are only 2 channels of analog audio.

So as far as the board goes it will only put out 2 channels of Analog, which is why you only have controls for 2.

So..that is why they are ghosted.

But you are using SDI so this is not really the case.

So Dual Mono would be the right configureation.

Once that is done, you will have to make sure you apply that to the current sequence. Once that is applied then the you will have to change the audio mapping in the timeline. So you will need to set channels 3&4 to output to 1&2 (respectively). You can do this in stereo mix as well, but then you are dealing with audio pairs instead of 4 discreet channels.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]