FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing from PC with Eclipse

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Brophy
Capturing from PC with Eclipse
on Jul 30, 2009 at 8:15:44 am

Hi all,

I'm trying to capture the DVI-out from a Windows XP PC with an ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 using the HDMI input on a Multibridge Eclipse. I am capturing 720p footage of computer games for marketing purposes.

This set up was working fine with the previous (older) graphics cards we were using, but since upgrading the newer graphics cards don't seem to be compatible with the Multibridge Eclipse. I just see black using the card mentioned above, and on a new Nvidia graphics card I get a flickering image.

I was told that this was because the newer graphics card have HDCP enabled all the time, and the Multibridge cannot decrypt the encrypted signal. To rectify this situation we aquired an HDCP stripper (http://www.curtpalme.com/MUX-HD.shtm) which strips the HDCP off a retail DVD fine but seems to have no affect on the signal coming out of the PC.

I've been in communication with Kaspar Ko, support at Blackmagic USA, and he's reproduced the problem with a Quadro. However, he says that his main office is too busy to deal with the problem.

Questions:
What is the problem? HDCP or the Eclipse?
Why did it work with the old graphics cards and not the new ones?
Has anyone managed to capture a new graphics card via the DVI without converting to an analogue signal?

Please help!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]