FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setup of new system - Decklink card, players, monitor

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Carter
Setup of new system - Decklink card, players, monitor
on Jul 30, 2009 at 1:24:25 am

I have just purchased equipment in order to upgrade the quality of our show. Now I am having trouble making it all work.
My Equipment:
Mac Pro
Decklink HD Extreme
Panasonic AG - DV2500
Sony CRT Monitor

At this point, I am trying to capture using the panasonic, through the Decklink, and into Final Cut Pro. I am also trying to use the broadcast monitor for color correction purposes.

Here are my issues:
1. The back of the Panasonic has three component plugs (1 video, 2 audio). I have component to BNC adapters connected and have BNC cables run to my Decklink. My video comes through fine, however the audio is not coming through at all. I have two audio lines out of the Panasonic and only one audio line in to the Decklink. How do I connect this and how to I make the audio come through on the capture?

2. My broadcast monitor is hooked up via SDI connection. The video plays on the monitor when I'm using the Blackmagic Deck control, but does not play once I import the video into FCP. What setting should I use? Am I missing something about the workflow?

3. What are the best settings to use with all of this stuff? I have footage shot on SD cameras. The footage is on mini dv tapes. My output goes straight from my timeline to BetaSP for delivery to a station. We have upgraded to HD cameras, but I have to use my SD footage for my 2009 shows. How should I set up my Mac, Decklink control, FCP?

4. Finally, what is the best workflow to accomplish this? Do I capture using the Decklink control or is there a way to capture in FCP?

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]