FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deck Link Extreme 3 + Logic Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Smith
Deck Link Extreme 3 + Logic Pro
on Jul 27, 2009 at 7:02:44 pm

For some reason when I run Logic Pro 7.2 audio stops coming out of the BMD card. If I try and play something in Quicktime I do not get sound either with the analog XLR out or the "AES" out from the BNC. Then if I quit logic I can here the clock switch back in and I can get audio out of QT and iTunes. Other programs output audio fine FCP, AE, even Soundtrack Pro. No audio output with Logic however.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this besides using the optical outs on the mac pro? Will this be fixed with Logic Studio 9?

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Deck Link Extreme 3 + Logic Pro
on Jul 29, 2009 at 6:03:52 pm

In those applications it is using the Mac core audio interface. So I am not sure if that is an application specific fix (though it could be).

Here's something to check on. Our boards can only exist in one state at a time, Capture or Playback. If a software tries to invoke the board for capture, you will be unable to get any system sound through the output. So obviously when iTunes is working it does NOT try to invoke a capture mode.

So make sure that NO running application is trying to "capture" or use the board for input, and then the board should slip into playback mode.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Aug 5, 2009 at 2:42:52 am

Thanks Joshua. No there is nothing running that would be in record mode. However you can record in Logic Pro so maybe that is confusing the driver? Do you know if this is fixed in Logic 9?

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Oct 27, 2009 at 10:04:57 pm

So I found a way to get audio out of Logic 7 and 9 when using the BMD card. Once in Logic I load up a video clip with audio and tell logic that I want to use the BMD card for audio out put. Then delete the quicktime clip from the logic project and I get audio out of the card. Nice. Only bummer is I need to do this every time I open a new song. However now I have a little QT on the desktop for fast access and its not that big a deal.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]