FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio issues

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward Howard
Audio issues
on Jul 24, 2009 at 11:47:39 am

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to higher end cards so please bear with me if this is a newbie issue.

I've just bought a Mac Pro 8 core, 2.26GHz, 650GB, G-Speed eS 2.2TB RAID 5, FCPS 2 and Decklink HD extreme. I'm monitoring via a 28" Full HD TV (HDMI) and using ESI nEar05 using the balanced output from the card.

I'm working on a project in AIC 1920 x 1080 and there are some sync issues with the footage and audio that came back from the audio post guy.

I'm trying to use the external monitor to help fix these issues but I have noticed that there is a tiny lag on the video output of probably 1/10th sec which is making this difficult.

I've noticed that the audio from the TV and the audio from the computer are perfectly inline but when I blow up the canvas and compare it against the TV there is a small but definite lag on the TV output.

Is this usual? Is there something that can be done?

Also I cannot control the audio levels from the Mac and have to keep twiddling with the volume control on the back of my speakers. I've messed about with all the settings in the Decklink control panel but nothing changes.

Sorry to ask if these are stupid newbie questions but I've run out of ideas.

Many thanks,

Ed

Return to posts index

Edward Howard
Re: Audio issues
on Jul 26, 2009 at 9:40:42 am

Hi again,

Right looks like I've solved it, I've set the frame off-set in FCP to 6 frames then downloaded a free plug in called 'Line Up' from NuGen Audio (you need to sign up to news letter to get access).

Not overly sure of how I've set it up but it looks like it's doing the audio delay compensation a treat! Bit of a pain, wish there was an audio delay option with the card its self instead of going around the houses like this.

If anyone has any better ideas please let me know!

Cheers,

Ed

Regards,

Ed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]