FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multibridge Pre-purchase question

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TC Perchert
Multibridge Pre-purchase question
on Jul 23, 2009 at 5:34:03 pm

I'm hoping someone will have some insight for us....

We are about to start going into the HD world for editing, and I was looking at getting the Multibridge for our video capture, we currently capture using our old analog BetaSP - which we will be getting footage on for some time - also need to be able to handle SDI down the road. Question is, will this upconvert to HD at all? I see it will downconvert. We do a lot of automotive commercials and most of the manufacture footage doesn't come in as an HD source - much of it is letterbox SD. I realize, upconverted will not look as good, but it will do in the meantime and look better than scaling up in software.

Then, what are others using for monitor source? We will be needing to do both SD and HD spots, mostly SD yet. Our old broadcast monitors are not HD or widescreen. So what would easily switch between SD & HD? I see that the BlackMagic site has the Multibridge Pro in the workflow section for Multibridge. Is that same feature in the Eclipse? What monitor would work well with this?

Eclipse or Pro, or is there a better, alternative option?

We will be using this with the Adobe Suite. Video acquired locally will most likely remain through Firewire.

Thanks for any insight.
TC

Return to posts index

Paul Harper
Re: Multibridge Pre-purchase question
on Jul 28, 2009 at 7:13:01 pm

It does not uprez, AFAIK. I have one (a Multibridge Extreme), but I've never installed it. In fact, if you are interested, I will sell it cheap in the box. The cross converting was very appealing to me, as well as the monitoring using the DVI connector, but I ended up re-using the Decklink card and HD Link that we already had in another computer. Then ( two years ago) it made a lot of sense to use the Apple 23 inch monitor as an HD monitor. Now that HD monitors have come down in price, I don't think it looks so appealing. I believe there are JVC monitors at around 24" that will give you HD-SDI, SD-SDI, component and composite, all for less than $2500.
If you are interested in the Mult Extreme, give me a call at area code Four Zero Eight 387 X 3226.

Paul

Return to posts index

TC Perchert
Re: Multibridge Pre-purchase question
on Jul 29, 2009 at 2:17:02 pm

Thanks for the info Paul! I will have to look into some other options a little more before deciding.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]