FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink HD Extreme 1080p capture problems

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Stebbing
Decklink HD Extreme 1080p capture problems
on Jul 22, 2009 at 3:38:00 pm

Hi,

I have just installed a Blackmagic HD Extreme which I intend to use for capturing real-time graphics from various applications.

As far as I understand, the card should be able to capture 1080PsF @ 23.97/24 fps - but I have unfortunately not been able to make it work yet.

As soon as I switch to one of the 1080PsF modes, I just get a black screen. This happens in Media Express, NeoHD & Premiere - so something must be wrong.

I am outputting the video signal from a GTX 280 (in my main workstation) via a DVI -> HDMI cable that is fed into the Decklink card in my capture PC.

I have installed the latest 190.38 driver from Nvidia, and set my HDMI output to correspond with my desired capture settings (1920x1080@23/24Hz).

My setup works fine with 1080i/720p etc., but that does not help much since I want to capture the actual screen content progressively.

So, am I missing something important here? Is it not possible for the GTX 280 to properly output a 1080PsF signal? I have seen that some Quadro cards have SDI outputs, is that what I need?

Any suggestions are much appreciated - Thanks...

Martin Stebbing

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]