FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS3 PPro falls out of sync w/ Intensity Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Dolesh
CS3 PPro falls out of sync w/ Intensity Pro
on Jul 17, 2009 at 5:47:01 pm

I just started to use Intensity Pro primarily for output to large LCD client monitor. I've read much about the sync issues/fixes and have tried most of the suggestions. My question is basically this:For Intensity Pro to maintain sync, must the project be natively captured in the BM preset?? (I did cut and paste existing seq's into a new BM/preset/project to get playback)

Before I installed the Intensity pro card my CS3 edit system (Dell PWS 390 dual core XP pro 4GB ram,multiple Hard drives) would never loose sync no matter how many layers it had in the timeline, (although it would drop frames depending on how complex the efx were) now no matter what settings I choose, I quickly loose sync.

I have many existing projects captured WITHOUT BM presets, and need to play them back on the client monitor... Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Stacey Cruwys
Re: CS3 PPro falls out of sync w/ Intensity Pro
on Nov 1, 2009 at 3:39:24 pm

I am having the same issue. I captured my footage with HDVSplit and edited in PP CS3. Now I just want to use Intensity to monitor my project for color correction purposes on my HDVTV via HDMI. I get constant freezes and crashes (I imported my footage into a BM Motion JPEG preset project).

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Thanks!
Stacey

Return to posts index

Richard Dolesh
Re: CS3 PPro falls out of sync w/ Intensity Pro
on Nov 3, 2009 at 4:26:16 am

Stacey,
Check out this thread, thinking this may help you:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/106599-blackmagic-in...

From what I have learned, to use Intensity to monitor your timeline, you must capture directly to a BM preset from an HDMI output. DV footage previously captured won't work.

So if you shoot 1hour of tape, for example, you would have to play it from your camcorder into the Intesity Pro as you are capturing to a BM preset. THEN you can drop those clips onto your timeline, and monitor them! Hope this helps...

Richard Dolesh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]