FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multibridge Pro 2 + JVC DT-V20L1U = Yes

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Chung
Multibridge Pro 2 + JVC DT-V20L1U = Yes
on Jul 17, 2009 at 5:53:28 am

Just some info for those who may be thinking of something like this.....I've had the Blackmagic Multibridge Pro 2 for a while, using it for output/loading with various decks etc., but wanted to round out the editing system with an affordable quality LCD monitor that was a step up from consumer 20" LCD HDTV's (can't fit a 30"+ plasma/etc. on this section of the room). Decided to go with the JVC DT-V20L1U...it was the right price for my current needs and I couldn't quite swing $1-2K more for the Sony or JVC model with SDI.

I was a bit concerned that the Multibridge's HDMI output wouldn't jive well with the JVC's DVI-D input, as I've read/heard some things in the past about BM's various HDMI out's not working with DVI-D adapters and such. JVC said that their DVI input was 'HDMI compatible', so I decided to chance it with the possibility of returning the monitor if it wasn't what I needed. Thankfully, it works fine with an HDMI to DVI-D adapter, with both the video output and the extended desktop mode...automatically 'letterboxing' a 16:9 frame in the screen's 16:10. The output/picture looks great and I didn't have to scramble to get an HDLink as well. Obviously, there's no audio to the JVC monitor, but I don't need that as I patch the Multibridge's audio into my main mixer.

So luckily, things turned out well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]