FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will Decklink HD downconvert 720P files?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Herb Sevush
Will Decklink HD downconvert 720P files?
on Jul 15, 2009 at 10:12:28 pm

I have a Decklink HD on a Mac Pro. I'm cutting a 720P30 DVCPRO HD job on final cut. When I go into the control panel and set output to Downconvert to SD I get a flickering image, with interlaced fields flickering from letterbox to anamorphic. Can the Decklink HD downconvert in realtime?

Thanks.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

Joachim Blunck
Re: Will Decklink HD downconvert 720P files?
on Aug 8, 2009 at 6:21:01 am

I'm experiencing the same thing with a Decklink Extreme 2. I've seen one other instance of this problem in the threads, but no responses from the gurus.

Please guys -- what's up?

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Aug 8, 2009 at 12:48:09 pm

Joachim -

I heard from the Black magic guys off line. The downconvert feature won't work with a 30P timeline. Change your timeline settings to 720P60 and it works. The change doesn't require any rendering or effect the material at all.

Herb Sevush

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

Joachim Blunck
on Aug 8, 2009 at 2:39:34 pm

Thanks.

Timeline is set to 720p60 (there isn't even a setting for 720p30). I also have a 720p ProRes timeline that does the same thing. They're both 960 flavor 720 HD. I haven't tried 1280 yet.

Source material is irrelevant too -- it can be from 720p30 or interlaced SD upconverted.

But...

If I change the video playback to 8 bit 1080i 29.97, it does the downconvert just fine.

Weird.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]