FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro sync problem

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Lyas
Intensity Pro sync problem
on Jul 10, 2009 at 8:41:20 am

Hi

I recently installed a Intensity Pro in my early '08 Mac Pro with FCS 2. Software is all up to date.

After a bit of messing around I got the Intensity Card capturing via HDMI and got a 32" Panny LCD TV to work as a monitor via HDMI.

First issue if people would like to comment / help is that while watching the output via the HDMI monitor on the Panny LCD TV, the vision in the FCP timeline / Canvas doesn't move until I pause playback and then it catches up to the playhead in the Canvas (or the Viewer) if thats what I'm watching.

Conversely if I'm watching the vision in the Canvas or Viewer, the vision pauses on the LCD TV and then catches up to where the playhead is on the timeline when I pause playback.

I've played around with View-> External Video ->All Frames / Single Frames, but that doesn't appear to have any ability to link what's playing in the timeline and the HDMI TV monitor simultaineously.

Second issue is that the Mac doesn't like to wake up from sleep since BM card installation.

I'm also using a 2.3 TB Firmtek 5 Bay raid enclosure with RR 2314 raid card and BM Speed Test says I'm reading at 234MB/sec and writing at 204Mb/sec

I've read other posts where people suggest that the hard drives can be an issue.

At present I'm just messing around with a little AVCHD Canon HF 10, which surprisingly records to disc at 22Mb/sec via HDMI capture rather than its usual 14Mb/sec from onboard flash memory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael Lyas

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: Intensity Pro sync problem
on Jul 12, 2009 at 6:45:35 am

HI.

You might have wrong encoding for Itensity. AVCHD should not play at the moment if i'm correct. Something like ProRez should play out fine.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Intensity Pro sync problem
on Jul 14, 2009 at 6:08:38 pm

AVCHD will play, though it may be sluggish. So to play this type of file you would select a ProRes (or uncompressed) Blackmagic Easy Setup that matches the file format of the AVCHD file.

Again, it may be sluggish, but it should play. You can always try to capture the AVCHD footage into ProRes to see if that will help, or if appropriate use the log and transfer function to transcode the files to ProRes on ingest.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]