FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black frames inserted when capturing 4:4:4

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordi J Recort
Black frames inserted when capturing 4:4:4
on Jul 3, 2009 at 3:53:29 pm

Hello to all,

I would like if someone has faced this problem..

When I'm capturing Dual-link 4:4:4 from a HDMCAM SR both Multibrigde Eclipse and HD extreme 3 insert random seconds of black.

Those blacks are inserted so after the black the video continues where it was before the few secs of black. This means that the movie is fully captured and deteling manually the seconds of black the capture is complete.

We're capturing full feature movies in 24fps, 23.98fps and 25fps.

We have several macpros from diferent generations and it happens with all configs.. but HD PRO it's fine.. only happens with Eclipse and HD extreme 3.

Have someone faced a similar problem?
Any workaround?

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Phil Erney
Re: Black frames inserted when capturing 4:4:4
on Jul 8, 2009 at 4:33:39 pm

Note quite sure I completely understand your issue... But if the black frames are at the head or tail of the capture it is likely a tri-level sync issue. We have Kona 3, Kona 2 and just about every version of Decklink card. Although I understand that both manufactures lock to incoming video for all capture we have seen issue with additional black frames on decklink cards when capturing with out lock. Particularly with windows XP and the older decklink cards. Are you using Media Express? We have the same issue on our SR and HDCAM.

-Phil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]