FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which connection works better with HDLink, HDMI or DVI-D?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodrigo Savastano
Which connection works better with HDLink, HDMI or DVI-D?
on Jun 30, 2009 at 9:54:06 am

Hi guys,

I have a very simple question:

I've just bought one HDLink Pro and a LCD 24" monitor with DVI-Dd and HDMI input connections, and just would like to know which one is better to use and calibrate on a Mac Pro early 2008 model. Does anyone knows?

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo Savastano

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Which connection works better with HDLink, HDMI or DVI-D?
on Jun 30, 2009 at 6:01:47 pm

Whatever your preference is should be fine. Though I would stick to DVI for practical reasons. I.E., the connector screws in.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Jun 30, 2009 at 11:27:54 pm

Hi,

One other consideration is also the frame rate you are working in. If you're doing 1080p24 and you want to monitor it at the native framerate, use HDMI but your monitor must support that framerate. With DVI, we will output 60 Hz which is what most DVI monitors will ask for.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Rodrigo Savastano
on Jul 1, 2009 at 11:04:33 am

Thanks a lot, guys!

Just two more questions:

How does the hdlink helps/works with the blackmagic's hd Extreme 3 on monitoring? In other words: What would be the difference of using the HD xtreme 3 card with and without the HDLINK?

And, How is the best way to calibrate the monitor for an accurate indie color correction without third part softwares/hardwares?

Best Regards,

Rodrigo.

Return to posts index

Rodrigo Savastano
on Jul 7, 2009 at 6:29:52 am

Kristian,

maybe my two other questions were too generic. But now I've got a more precise one. I've tested two different monitors via the DVI-D connection (on full HD and the other not) and both were at 30Hz as maximum refresh rate while I was using the 1920x1080 res. I tryed to change the refresh rate on the monitor system preference and at the HDLINK Utiliy, but nothing worked. After, I put the 1280x720 resolution and finally got the 60Hz rate. So, How can I have the 60Hz on the 1080x1920 resolution?

Thanks a lot,

Rodrigo Savastano

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]