FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dupe frame with Edit to Tape and Multibridge Extreme

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Levine
Dupe frame with Edit to Tape and Multibridge Extreme
on Jun 15, 2009 at 6:29:12 pm

I have a persistent but intermittent problem with laying off to tape using Edit to Tape in FCP with a Multibridge Extreme. About 3/4 of the time, it puts down a duplicate of the first frame of picture. For example, if I am laying down a countdown from 8-2, the first frame of the 8 will be laid down twice, and everything after is a frame late, so the 2-pop will come at 00:59:58:01 rather than at 00:59:58:00 where it belongs. Thus far BMD support has been unable to help me.

This was a problem that existed with the 6.2 drivers, but has supposedly since been solved

Mac Pro (1st Gen) Quad Core 2.66
9 GB RAM
FCP 6.0.5
OS X.5.6
QT 7.6
Multibridge software 7.1.2 (also tried 6.8.7)

Adam Levine
Squeeze A Nickel Productions

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
Re: Dupe frame with Edit to Tape and Multibridge Extreme
on Jun 16, 2009 at 12:50:36 am

What deck are you using? Have you tried altering the edit delay parameter?

Baz

What would I do without the 'UNDO' button!!!!

Return to posts index

Adam Levine
on Jun 16, 2009 at 1:51:20 am

[Baz Leffler] "What deck are you using? Have you tried altering the edit delay parameter?"

The deck is a DVW-A500 NTSC

I have adjusted the playback delay, but that's not the issue

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jun 16, 2009 at 1:04:06 am

Hello Adam,

This is basically the response we've sent you via Email. Please respond to that email if possible as it is easier to help that way.

Since we have not gotten any reports of this elsewhere, it took some time to coordinate with the worldwide offices if we had any current reports of something similar. So after talking to some of the other offices can you try a few things to see if it helps.

First in the System Preferences, Blackmagic preferences, UNCHECK the remove jitter when video is paused option. Does this help your issue?

Also when it's not playing video, can you set it to output Black or even Video Desktop? Does changing this option affect your results?

Is there anything you do that can cause it to always lay it off with a duplicate frame? 3/4 of the time is a high amount but anything we can to solidify the results would also help in tracking back this issue.

(that request is not so clear, but do layoffs that start on certain frame more likely to cause this issue?)

Lastly, does this happen if you use our Deck Control application or only FCP?

And last week you had mentioned you had found a workaround. What was the workaround that you are doing that either fixes or lessens this issue?

Two other things we wanted updating on (you told us in previous conversations but we can't recall) what deck are you using again? And did you try adjusting the offset values in FCP/DeckControl.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Adam Levine
on Jun 16, 2009 at 1:54:24 am

FYI, for the rest of you, this was my response to Kaspar:

First in the System Preferences, Blackmagic preferences, UNCHECK the remove
jitter when video is paused option. Does this help your issue?

It was already unchecked

Also when it's not playing video, can you set it to output Black or even
Video Desktop? Does changing this option affect your results?

Nope, I use black, this doesn't change anything

Is there anything you do that can cause it to always lay it off with a
duplicate frame? 3/4 of the time is a high amount but anything we can to
solidify the results would also help in tracking back this issue.

Nothing I can tell. I came up with the 3/4 figure after laying down a countdown 20 times and having it come out wrong 15 times and right 5 times

Lastly, does this happen if you use our Deck Control application or only
FCP?

Same with deck control

And last week you had mentioned you had found a workaround. What was the
workaround that you are doing that either fixes or lessens this issue?

The workaround is that the programs I happened to be laying back last week all had fades at the beginning and end. I added another frame of black to the head and tail, removed 2 frames from the body. So this way, when the frame was doubled, it was just black and the program ended at the right spot. If the frame wasn't doubled, just an extra black frame at the head and tail. I can only pray QC doesn't catch it. I had to lay down bars, slates and countdowns each in separate passes. THIS IS NOT HOW I INTEND TO WORK IN THE FUTURE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]