FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS4 + Multibridge Extreme

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt shires
CS4 + Multibridge Extreme
on Jun 10, 2009 at 4:08:57 pm

Hey,

Two questions really, just bought CS4 Production Premium and wondered how it will work with out Multibrige extreme, will I be able to capture through Black magic in 'Onlocation' and 'Premier Pro' also will all the Blackmagic codecs be automatically installed with the CS4 platforms?

+++

On another issue, is it possible to capture 1080P footage through the Blackmagic Extreme, we have the drives to support it just wondered if the card would.

Much Thanks, Matt

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
Re: CS4 + Multibridge Extreme
on Jun 10, 2009 at 6:42:52 pm

Hello,

On Location will only record via Firewire to the DV or HDV coced, it cant use Blackmagic.

You should be able to do P, although I am not to sure, maybe it only does psf not true progreesive the Extreme card.

Leo

Return to posts index

matt shires
on Jun 11, 2009 at 10:11:05 am

Cheers Leo,

It seems in the premiere pro capture settings I don't have any Blackmagic codec options beside 4:4:4 10bit, which is abit heavy, any one know how I can get the codecs into Premiere?

Thanks again, Matt

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on Jun 11, 2009 at 10:44:21 am

Hello Matt,

In Premeire you should have a tree on the project settings with things such as SD, DV, 720p etc all for Blackmagic presets. There should be the 422 there as well.

Are you running the Adobe Premiere Pro 4.1 update which was released the lther week?

Leo

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jun 17, 2009 at 6:44:21 pm

Capturing in OnLocation will not be possible. Premiere Pro definately can do.

As for 1080p, we support 1080PsF24/23.98 on that unit but not 50p or 60p.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

matt shires
on Jun 21, 2009 at 10:55:39 am

cheers Josh,

any idea how I get CS4 to recognise I have a blackmagic card as the only codec options it's giving me at the moment are 10-bit RGB Blackmagic which is a bit intense for my needs

Cheers, Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]