FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Desktop problems

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fredo Gevaert
Video Desktop problems
on Jun 9, 2009 at 1:24:25 pm

Hi,

We want to use a Decklink SP card for sending our main computer desktop to a projector/external monitor. It was my understanding that the "Video Desktop" feature does this.

We have G5 (running VVTR) which does this perfectly.

However, on our XP32bit machine this doesn't work properly.
We do get output through the Decklink card, but the displayed desktop is only a portion (a quarter) of the actual desktop size.
(For a good understanding, we get full blown image, but only of 1/4 of the original desktop screen)

When we lower the resolution of our computer Display settings (Display/Monitor1/settings) the output of the Decklink card get a bit better (read bigger - or more-), but we can't manage to have an identical copy of the computer desktop. The image quality is perfect, it's just that only 1/4th of the desktop is displayed. The left upper half.

I have seen one other person on this board having the same problem, but I can't seem to find his post anymore.

Any advice would be welcome.

Best regards
Fredo Gevaert
Belgium

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Video Desktop problems
on Jun 9, 2009 at 9:53:50 pm

Try this,

Right click on the desktop, click properties. Select the settings tab. Click the advanced button. Select the adapter tab, then choose the show all modes button. Scroll through the list until you find the resolution you are looking for.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Fredo Gevaert
on Jun 11, 2009 at 12:34:53 pm

Well, I have a number of issues.
Finding a Video Card that doesn't conflict (BSOD) with the Decklink drivers is extremely hard, but whenever I can make it work (by installing and uninstalling cards & soft in a particular order) I get one of the following things.

1. "Invalid Display Settings".
The currently selected graphics display driver (the Decklink Driver) can not be used. It was written for a previous version of Windows, and is lo longer compatible withbthis version of Windows.

The system has been started using the default VGA Driver.

Please contact your hardware manufacturer to get an upgraded driver, or select one of the Microsoft provided drivers.

2. There are only two modes available from the Blackmagic Display properties. 720 by 486, True Color (32bit) 29 Hertz (Interlaced) and 720 by 576, True Color (32bit) 25 Hertz (Interlaced)

Which brings me down to the same problem as initially posted.

Please advice
Fredo Gevaert

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jun 11, 2009 at 8:59:23 pm

Gah..sorry. I missed a critical bit of information on this one.

Okay, so for your issues with the display drivers. This can happen if our boards are put into PCI-e slots that are primarily designed for use in SLI or Crossfire applications. So if you can move the board into "universal" slots, or in the BIOS throttle the slot to 1x lane.

If that doesn't help there may be a compatibility issue with the motherboard (but I would rule out other things first). Try updating the MOBO bios and the chipset drivers for the motherboard.

As for the video Desktop mode. You have a Decklink SP. That's a SD board, and so it will only output SD resolutions. So 486i and 576i are your only options there. Decklink HD Extreme, and the Multibridge lines have access to HD frame sizes for Desktop output.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Fredo Gevaert
on Jun 12, 2009 at 7:51:00 am

OK, thanks for the info.

Fredo

Return to posts index