FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro capture only black

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Nichols
Intensity Pro capture only black
on Jun 6, 2009 at 6:15:34 am

Just bought and installed this card on my Win XP PC. I installed the current drivers from the website and eveything seems okay. I plugged my VHS deck into the analog inputs but neither CS3 Premiere nor the Blackmagic capture anything other than black and no audio. I noticed on page 27 & 28 of the manual there is a screen cap of a preferences page but I can't find how to access this. Any help would be great because I believe this is why I can't see anything coming into the analog inputs

Return to posts index

Brian Nichols
Re: Intensity Pro capture only black
on Jun 6, 2009 at 4:33:59 pm

Aha!! I finally found the settings in the Windows Control Panel area. The manual should make better mention of that.

Return to posts index

Bastien Crettol
on Jun 9, 2009 at 10:28:57 am

Hello,

Could you please let me know what settings you changed? I'm having the same problem with a Decklink HD Extreme video card, and your solution would maybe do the trick.

Return to posts index

Brian Nichols
on Jun 9, 2009 at 1:42:02 pm

In Windows Control Panels I found an icon for Blackmagic Intensity settings. This might be the same for Decklink HD. You will find pull down settings to adjust inputs and outputs. I saw this in the manual but the manual didn't mention where to find these settings. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Bastien Crettol
on Jun 10, 2009 at 7:15:53 am

Thanks. It still doesn't work, but at least I know where the setup is.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jun 17, 2009 at 7:07:03 pm

What type of video are you trying to capture? SDI, analog, what type of analog.

You need to set that specifically for the type of video you are using. Even that is only the first step. Once the hardware is set to take input from the correct input you need to make sure the application is set to capture the correct format.

So if you are using Media Express you need to go to preferences and make sure you select the appropriate video format (NTSC/PAL, 720p, 1080i).

If you still have issues just give us a call and we can walk you through it.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Brian Nichols
on Jun 17, 2009 at 8:30:01 pm

As it turned out, one main reason was my card was not pushed in all the way. I have to keep it unscrewed to my case to make this card work properly. Also I could notfind the settings to adjust inputs. I guessed after an hour that it was in Windows Control Panels. The manual should mention that it seems.

Return to posts index

Brad Buss
on Jul 10, 2009 at 12:39:52 am

Yeah, time to update the manual BMD!

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jun 17, 2009 at 7:04:50 pm

EEP!! Brian,

That driver version is SHOCKINGLY old. Please try a more recent release when you get time.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Brian Nichols
on Jun 17, 2009 at 8:26:15 pm

I'm not using that driver. That's the picture captured direct from your manual.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jun 17, 2009 at 9:37:46 pm

Ah...okay. Cool.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Dennis Ciccone Jr
on Jun 25, 2009 at 3:56:37 am

After an update from Intel and BM last month, I finally got my Intensity pro card to work since I purchased it In January. Today i just went to use it and seem to have the same recording black only issue. It may have been another Intel update or windows update thats causing it not to work. It shows up in the device manager fine and i get no error messages when i open the program yet it only records black from multiple cable sources.

Return to posts index

Brian Nichols
on Jun 25, 2009 at 3:54:29 pm

Read my thread to see if this solves your issue.

I didn't expect to see control panel with input and output selection because the manual doesn't SPECIFICALLY state this. I stumbled on it after an hour of frustration.

Return to posts index

Veronica Veerkamp
on Aug 2, 2009 at 7:40:38 am

Brian, I just saw your post...I also had a shockingly hard time finding that window, even with the latest software/driver download! In my experience, graphics & sound cards usually include all neccessary parameter inputs in one UI, or at least a shortcut is installed in the Start Menu program group. An FAQ about this on their support website could provide some relief to us Blackmagic newbies. I posted a separate query about onboard audio output issues because I can't find any documentation about that. We'll probably manage to muddle through, though, with the help of the COW.

Regards, V.Veerkamp

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]