FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro drivers won't install

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Buss
Intensity Pro drivers won't install
on Jun 3, 2009 at 10:14:51 pm

I've added an Intensity Pro to my 3.2 octacore. I tried to install the drivers from the included DVD, but it said that newer drivers already exist on my system (probably my HDLink drivers). So I downloaded the most recent driver from the BMD site, 3.1.2 I think. It asks to restart to finish installation, but then the Mac gets stuck on an empty blue screen on startup. If I restart again by force, I can get the card to output analog video, but Log and Capture in FCP, and the capture tool installed both show a black screen when trying to capture HDMI (the capture settings match my source, and the BMD tool in System Prefs is set to the correct HDMI selections - incidentally, the pref tool doesn't save my selections when I change them, it always shows default when I open it back up again). I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times and repaired permissions.

So what's the problem? Is it a conflict with my Kona 3? I have my GPU in slot 1, Kona 3 in slot 2, fibre channel card in slot 4, so Intensity Pro went in slot 3.

Return to posts index

Brad Buss
Re: Intensity Pro drivers won't install
on Jun 3, 2009 at 10:59:00 pm

I forgot to mention that the flash got updated okay when I ran the downloaded driver, and the signal that I'm trying to capture from HDMI shows up fine when connected to an HDTV via HDMI. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Jun 3, 2009 at 11:05:22 pm

Hi Brad,

It's possible that there's a conflict with your Kona card. Have you tried removing the Kona card to see if anything changes?

What is your HDMI source?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Brad Buss
on Jun 3, 2009 at 10:52:48 pm

Would I need to remove just the Kona card, or do the Kona drivers need to be uninstalled as well?

My source is a Sony PS3 development kit set to 1080i 59.94, and the signal is good when tested on a consumer set.

Return to posts index

Brad Buss
on Jun 4, 2009 at 12:54:54 am

Okay, so I removed the Kona card, and swapped the Intensity Pro over to slot 2. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled, and this time it finished installing okay. I don't yet know if it will continue to work okay if I set things back the way they were now that the driver is installed fully.

That didn't solve the capture issue though, it turns out that the PS3 always has HDCP enabled, even for games. Luckily the debug kits have an option to disable HDCP, so once I did that the signal came through okay for capture.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Jun 12, 2009 at 6:40:16 am

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the update but you're correct. PS3 will always have HDCP turned on and only in the dev kit can you disable it.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]